Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMs ... the best thing about it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've always been a working Mom.

My husband got a new job 6 months ago and makes double what he used to make and when he first got hired, he was so excited to tell me I could be a SAHM now :)

Our kids are 5, 3 and 1.

I just took the two youngest out of daycare the end of January and have been home with them ever since.

I can honestly say that I have never felt so free and happy in my life! I worked from the time I was 18, so it took a few weeks to get used to living my life exactly the way I want. I haven't been able to do what I wanted, come and go as I pleased, sleep in each morning or stay up as late as I wanted since I was a teenager.

And my husband loves that he doesn't have to wait for Saturdays for our date night in order to spend alone time with me (we worked opposite shifts, so rarely saw each other).

Now we have breakfast together every morning and dinner together every night. And when he gets his vacation time I don't have to beg my boss for some time off at the same time.

Life is good. This SAHM gig totally rocks!

What's your fave thing about being a SAHM?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:24 AM
The time I get with my children
Salut123
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:24 AM

No stress from work.

AvantGardener
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:25 AM

The time and opportunity to pursue my passion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Ha. Not much. I am so unhappy.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:25 AM

That I could do whatever I wanted with my kids when I wanted.

razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Being home with my kids when they are out of school. Being home when they come home from school.
theResidentCat
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I miss sleeping in or taking naps :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:34 AM

I love just being here for my kids. The one to get them up from naps, or now that my 2 big ones are in school I get them from school. It makes me sad to think next year when the "baby" goes to kindergarten somone else will be getting them off the bus while I'm at work. Being a stay at home mom has allowed me to be room parent, have lunch with the kids at school, be the site word mom. I'm hoping when  do go back to work it's  t 3-12's at night so I can still do that stuff.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:34 AM

You said it.. FREEDOM! :)

Having the freedom to do whatever the hell you want everyday.

And not having to work around an extra work schedule to pencil in family time or alone time with hubby.

Summer days are spent on the beach instead of inside a cold office. I love it :)

lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:37 AM
Just about everything. My life is full of playing at the park and the splash pad and also just at home. I see my friends multiple times a week when we get our kids together to play. I have plenty of time to sew.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)