Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My overweight son...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

Mobile Photo

The other post got me thinking. The only ailment that applies to my son is being overweight. Now when I look at him, I don't see overweight. But I noticed a lot of comments on that thread saying people can't even recognize overweight kids anymore. So maybe I don't see it because he's my son? He is a solid guy for sure. He's active and very athletic. He weighs in just around 80lbs. and is 51" tall. He's the short one in the pic with the rash guard. (Sorry for the stickers.. I don't like to post pics on the site)

Does he look overweight to you from the pic? It's the only side one I had in my phone. His cousin who he is next to is underweight. Do you have any pics of your overweight kids?

Ftr I make sure he has a balanced diet. He's a great veggie eater. He does get junk when with my parents or with his father. Im working on them.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:02 AM
He's far from overweight! My son is 5'2 and 130 pounds He's built solid and isn't "fat" per se. His doctors all tell me he's good for his size.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Neither of these kids are overweight.
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Who told you he was overweight?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:05 AM
His dr. He is definitely solid. He's also an athlete for sure. He spends hours and hours outside practicing before games and things. I just don't want to be the mom in denial thinking he looks great.

Quoting SDmomma-3: Who told you he was overweight?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:10 AM
The taller one definitely isn't. His pediatrician is trying to get him to gain weight. My son's pediatrician told me he's overweight though. He's definitely solid, but he looks ok to me.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Neither of these kids are overweight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:12 AM
Neither one is.
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:12 AM
Get a new doctor! That kid is far from overweight dear, he looks perfectly fine to me and you mentioned he has good eating habits too.

Is your (his) doctor going off the number on the scale or what? How does he figure he's overweight?

Quoting Anonymous 1: His dr. He is definitely solid. He's also an athlete for sure. He spends hours and hours outside practicing before games and things. I just don't want to be the mom in denial thinking he looks great.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM
Yes the numbers on the scale. He's in the 48% for height, but in something like the 85% for weight. He does have great eating habits... If I could get my parents and his father on board with feeding him better that would be fantastic. But I do think those things in moderation are ok.

Quoting SDmomma-3: Get a new doctor! That kid is far from overweight dear, he looks perfectly fine to me and you mentioned he has good eating habits too.

Is your (his) doctor going off the number on the scale or what? How does he figure he's overweight?

Quoting Anonymous 1: His dr. He is definitely solid. He's also an athlete for sure. He spends hours and hours outside practicing before games and things. I just don't want to be the mom in denial thinking he looks great.

clctalking2015
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:16 AM
I'd change doctor's!! He is far from overweight! He looks great for his age and height. If he's an athlete, he's really fine.
Let him be momma. You're not in denial! He's a good looking kid.
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM
That's the major issue with the number on the scale, it does not take into account muscle mass. I seriously wouldn't worry about it. Your son is fine and I agree having treats now and then isn't bad if he's overall got a healthy diet. Keep doing what your doing (:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes the numbers on the scale. He's in the 48% for height, but in something like the 85% for weight. He does have great eating habits... If I could get my parents and his father on board with feeding him better that would be fantastic. But I do think those things in moderation are ok.

Quoting SDmomma-3: Get a new doctor! That kid is far from overweight dear, he looks perfectly fine to me and you mentioned he has good eating habits too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)