Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

probably stupid cleaning question...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
Do you move everything when you shampoo the carpets? I really need to rent a cleaner or hire someone to clean our carpets, but I don't know how I would move all the furniture out of all the rooms that need done. Please answer my stupid question. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:32 AM

i do

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Yes.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Depends.  Generally under the furniture is pretty clean and doesn't need to be shampooed.  If there is some reason that I feel that it needs to be done, I move it.  

SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:32 AM
I do, my mother does not lol
geeez
by Baroness on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:34 AM
I dont
Flyingblind5
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Only stuff that can easily be moved like stacking end tables on the dining table or moving chairs into the kitchen. Heavier items shouldn't by necessary as it's likely clean under them anyway.
mammakittykat
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:35 AM

I just move everything to one side of the room and then once that side is done I move it to the other. I will go through all the rooms and move everything to one side, shampoo and then the next day do the other side of each room and then move everything back. I usually shampoo when I decide to rearrange furniture.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:35 AM

only sometimes.

Like maybe 1 in every 5 times I clean the rug , do I move all the heavy furniture.

Mandymb
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:36 AM
I don't shampoo my carpets but I mostly have hardwood floors.
jupiter02
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Yes, and do yourself a favor and hire a company to clean your carpets.  Renting a maching to DIY is a PITA, doesn't work as well and takes forever (pretty much all day).  I have a carpet cleaner (looks like a vacuum but it sucks and blows water & carpet cleaner instead, I only use it to 'spot treat' the horrible spots on my carpet.  

Just move the furniture out of the room that gets the most/highest foot traffic.  For other rooms, usually the cleaning just needs to be done around the furniture.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)