Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're spoiled. (Kind of long, sorry.)

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:25 PM
  • 95 Replies

DH and I went to dinner last night with some friends. When we were ordering I didn't even open my menu and instead asked DH to order for me. (Every time we go out to dinner he orders for me because I'm so indecisive and always end up ordering something I don't like. He knows what I like and somehow always orders me something I enjoy.) He ordered me a white lasagna and a Cesar salad. I saw one of the wives make a face at her husband but I didn't say anything, I just thought it was a little rude of her to do that in front of me. Then when I got my salad there was such a ridiculous amount of dressing on it that I was basically eating salad soup. I wish I could of taken a picture of it LOL but DH called over our waiter and I asked if I could get another salad but with the dressing on the side. The waiter apologized and even said that there was a lot of dressing on my salad. Once again, this specific wife made a face to her husband. Then for desert DH and I shared a desert that I had picked out (you can't go wrong with a brownie and ice cream). DH ate only the ice cream and I ate the brownie. (DH doesn't like brownies but he liked the ice cream and I was craving the chocolate.) Once again the wife made a face. So of course I got a little upset and called her out. I said "Is there something wrong? Why do you keep making faces at your husband?" She said, "No nothing, you're just really spoiled." DH told her that we just always order the same way when we go out, and that if there is an issue we would talk to the waiter about it. They got into a little bit of a heated debate about it, I guess he really didn't like her calling me spoiled LOL. I didn't really care, I just thought it was rude of her to make faces.

But, it got me thinking... am I spoiled? DH does go out of his way to pick something out for me but I don't think that sharing a desert how we did was me being spoiled? I'm still a little confused...

by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosie211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:28 PM
I don't know if that makes you spoiled but it is odd to me. I order what I want. Whatever works for you guys is fine. She seems very judgemental.
A.Whovian
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think that's spoiled. I think you both found something that works for you and who the heck care what she thinks!
SamanthaSage
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:29 PM

To me it just sounds like you're really close. You know what each other likes and it works for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:30 PM
10 moms liked this
Needy and dependent, but not spoiled.
Cassiemeru
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:31 PM
I don't think that makes you spoiled, tone and attitude mean everything though.
ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Try focusing more of your husband then other people in the restaurant
hellojimena
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:32 PM
It's just every time I order what I think I want, I end up ordering something "new" and don't like it. Lol

Quoting rosie211: I don't know if that makes you spoiled but it is odd to me. I order what I want. Whatever works for you guys is fine. She seems very judgemental.
sjenkins8208
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:32 PM
I dont think it makes you spoiled but how does she know you and your dhs little dinner routine? To people that don't know the back story it IS strange.
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Definitely not spoiled.
hellojimena
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:33 PM
I wasn't whining or anything, I asked him how I would any other question... I said "Do you mind ordering for me?" And that's when she looked at her husband with a funny face.

Quoting Cassiemeru: I don't think that makes you spoiled, tone and attitude mean everything though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)