Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes, I *do* know what you're going through!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I'm a bill collector. I work full time - talk to people on the phones for 8 hours every day.

And let me tell you I'm fucking sick of the ones that tell me "Well I wouldn't expect you to understand what I'm going through" or "You don't know what it feels like to struggle".

OH, PLEASE!

I have $3,000 in past due bills on my credit report and $5,000 that aren't on my credit report yet. I owe things to collections also. Just because I'm a bill collector doesn't mean that I don't also have a life! We all struggle. We all have bills. 

Just my rant for the day.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:40 PM
I think being a bill collector has to be one if the toughest jobs. I couldn't do it. I struggle too, but we're doing better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you the one who hung up one when I said get behind all the other motherfuckers who want my money
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:41 PM

It is tough. Once in a great while I get to talk to someone who is really thankful for my help, but 95% of the people I talk to are rude.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think being a bill collector has to be one if the toughest jobs. I couldn't do it. I struggle too, but we're doing better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:42 PM

We don't hang up on people. It's actually against the law to do that.

There are millions of collection agencies out there.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Are you the one who hung up one when I said get behind all the other motherfuckers who want my money

mommaof697
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:43 PM

I have a friend who was a bill colector. Hope you have a good day. 

elfling811
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:46 PM
That is a job I would never be able to do. Vent away. Back in my younger days I was always polite when a bill collector would call. It was not their fault that I fucked up. I hope your day gets better. *hugs*
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to be in collections. If we had stuff on our credit we got fired. That's at every collection agency I've ever worked at.
Mandymb
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:46 PM
No a job I would want. I have never had to deal with a bill collector however I'm sure it's not a fun exprence.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:46 PM

I could never do that job.

Arwyn724
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:47 PM

As a bill collector, how do you help?  Offer payment plans?  Just curious.  I've only ever dealt with one collection agency and it was all or nothing, or they'd sue.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

It is tough. Once in a great while I get to talk to someone who is really thankful for my help, but 95% of the people I talk to are rude.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think being a bill collector has to be one if the toughest jobs. I couldn't do it. I struggle too, but we're doing better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)