Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mil Got caught shoplifting with my kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
Mil will occasionally ask to take my older kids (5 and 2) shopping. she usually doesn't get anything for them just stuff for herself or she'll go grocery shopping but she usually take them out for lunch. I never thought anything of it, I kind of thought she just likes the company until yesterday afternoon when I got a call from the police while she was taking them out. Apparently, mil Got caught shoplifting at the mall. She stole 4 sets of sheets in the bottom of the stroller. Each set was worth about $100.

Thankfully they waited at the store security office for me to come get the kids so that my kids were not taken to the police station with her.

my husband and I are both pissed. I mean she has been using our kids to shoplift. I do not for a second think this is the first time. But he thinks that She should have to deal with the legal consequences and she Shpuld never be allowed to take our kids out on her own again. I however want to cut all ties with her.

who do you think is right me or dH?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:54 PM
Bump
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:55 PM
5 moms liked this

I would agree with DH. Its his mom. She made some bad choices .Just let her know she will not be spending time with the children alone.

SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM
Nope mine would never be allowed to take dd again.
bcauseimthemom
by imjenndoe on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I would be cutting ties for awhile. If the decision was made to allow her back into the lives of my family, it would always be supervised and in small doses.

CoffeeKrazed
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this
She could only visit us. She would never be allowed with my child alone ever again.
elfling811
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know that I would completely cut her off, but she would never be alone with my children again. Ever.
happyolechimp
by vera on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought you were going to say she stole kids clothes or toys.
Of course that'd be bad...but this!
absolutely horrific
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Holy crap I'm sorry.  That's just incredibly awful.  I wouldn't allow her to take the kids anywhere again.  However, expecting your DH to cut ties with his own mother is a bit much.  Again, I do understand what she put the children through and I'd never allow her to take them anywhere again unsupervised.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM
That's what he says but I think that when my children were put in the situation he no longer has the right to use the "she's my mom" trump card.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would agree with DH. Its his mom. She made some bad choices .Just let her know she will not be spending time with the children alone.

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:02 PM

yikes. ya she would be cut off for awhile. i'd go with dh's feelings on it since it's his mom. she wouldn't be allowed alone with the kids either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)