Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS isnt allowed to play with her dd anymore!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

DS got a new toy bubble gun. He didnt have one before we never spoke about rules or anything. His friend and her mom came over for a playdate and at one point he pointed the toy gun at her dd and said pew pew pew like he saw on tv. She overreacted and took her dd home and told me toy guns lead to real guns lead to school shootings.

i dont think a toy gun will turn a couple 3 year olds into murderers

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baked420
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Oh ffs, people kill me....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM
What are you letting your 3 year old watch?

That would be my concern. Obviously he's less supervised than my children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Toy guns do not make your child become murderers. Typical over reaction typical to modern parenting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: What are you letting your 3 year old watch? That would be my concern. Obviously he's less supervised than my children.

Because he watches tv with us hes less supervised okay lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:10 PM
I wouldnt invite her back over What a moron.
Cassiemeru
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:11 PM
Good riddance imo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Both my boys (6 and 3) do this.  They like to watch almost any superhero cartoons (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern), quite a few of which contain guns and/or gun noises.

Children don't have to watch inappropriate shows or be unsupervised to know what a gun is and the sound.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What are you letting your 3 year old watch? That would be my concern. Obviously he's less supervised than my children.

squeekers
by squeekers on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
And biting a pop tart into an L shape leads to gun violence too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:14 PM
That's absolutely ridiculous. When my brother was about three my mom was actually telling one of her friends how she doesn't allow toy guns and how it encourages violence and my brother comes up with Legos in the shape of a gun saying pew pew. she realized how ridiculous it was and all four of the other brothers were alowed to play with guns. by the way none of them have turned out to be murderers and in fact only two of them own guns
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree it won't turn them into serial killers but itdoes promote violent play. I know kids have played toy guns/swords etc for centuries but it's not something I personally allow for ds. It's personal preference and I don't like seeing young children shouting about killing each other.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)