Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Staying with a cheater

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this
Has anyone ever stayed with their dh or so after being cheated on?
I'm having a hard time because I found out my dh has been cheating for months and I have tried staying and working it out, but now I have no trust, the other woman is still around, and I don't think it'll ever get any better. He says he loves me and wants us to work things out, but I just don't believe it's possible anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I don't think I could. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:39 PM

My boyfriend cheated on me for a long time.  I found tons of emails between him and other women he met online.  He swears he never actually met any of them but it's still cheating even if he didn't.  It's been a few months since I found out and I'm trying really hard to trust him again but it's not easy.  He seems genuinely sorry though and I can tell he feels terrible about it.  He had a panic attack the other day and told me he was afraid that I'm about to leave him.  Seeing him so upset about it made me feel like he really does want to be with me and I know I want to be with him so I'm taking things one day at a time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:39 PM
8 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I couldn't. I'm sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:45 PM

I think its foolish to stay with a cheater. And that goes for either gender.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Why is this woman still around?  That makes moving past this and fixing your marriage even harder for you and your DH.  

If you want to stay and fix things then it's going to take time and work on both your parts.  But rebuilding your trust for him and him earning your trust back will probably take yrs.  

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Do you have a professional you can talk with?

amberraejones
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM
LOVE this!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Mobile Photo

I couldn't. I'm sorry.
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:57 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Why is this woman still around?  That makes moving past this and fixing your marriage even harder for you and your DH.  

If you want to stay and fix things then it's going to take time and work on both your parts.  But rebuilding your trust for him and him earning your trust back will probably take yrs.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:00 PM
I stayed with my ex after him cheating on me, trying to do everything I could to make things work but sadly even though he said he wanted it to work he put in no effort and still continued to cheat. Now I don't give second chances for anything, you do something that is damaging to a marriage or my kids my current DH will be gone faster then he can blink. I was stupid for trying to make things work and I realize this, now my kids will always come first over any man.
Bree303
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't get the whole, if he cheated I would leave period. It's not black and white people. No one is perfect and anyone can.make a mistake I for one am not about to throw away 18yr of a happy marriage if I found n out that my dh cheated. I'd still try to work it out. It depends on the reasons and circumstances. And how truly remorseful he was. I'm not saying it be easy but I'd try
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)