Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird cat lady....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I lady recently moved in two houses down from us, she's always outside with a cooler of drinks (like juice boxes) and fruits, the kids in the neighborhood like stopping by her house to "hang out" with her. She also always has like 10 cats on leashes. The kids like playing with the cats.
I think she's a freaking weirdo and don't let my kids talk to her at all, she seems, unbalanced. I was walking my kids to the play ground and we have to walk by her house. She was out there and of course so were all her cats. My oldest (12) asked if she could pet the cats. I let her because I was there and the lady started telling me her life story. Her dh died in a fire trying to save their baby, he did save the baby but died of his burns and smoke inhalation. Well a few years later she and her kids were in a car accident that killed her oldest and she lost a leg, the baby received sever brain damage and was put on life support. She donated his organs and he died.
Then she was diagnosed with lung cancer (from years of her dh smoking, that's what started the house fire that killed him)

Basically all horrible things that made me feel really badly for her so I invited her over for dinner because she seems to really like kids and she's obviously very very lonely. She showed up with a pet rat, I was ok with it because it was nice and she put him on the floor and a leash so we could eat, but still why would you bring a rat to dinner?

Then she told me about how her husband had ran off with her sister (contradicting her earlier story) and that her kids don't ever call her (I thought your kids had died?)

Then she told us that she had lost her leg do to her smoking...

At this point my dh is looking at me like I'm nuts for letting her in my house. After dinner dh walked her home, it was dark and even if she's crazy we are still nice people. She invited dh in and showed him her scrap book about her families tragedy. Apparently the first story she told me was true, except her smoking was what started the fire and that's why she lost her leg, she came out of the crash that killed her kids with a concision and a broken arm.

I knew she was a little off but this woman seems completely insane. I told my kids to be nice but always decline inter action with her if they are out alone.

I can't believe that there are people out there with nobody to help them get the mental help they need. Very sad.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:21 PM

yep that's TRC to a " T ".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly it sounds like the fire that killed her family made her snap. The stories are her unconscious way of protecting herself from the guilt of killing her family.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd keep a distance. I'd be polite and kind, but keep her at arms length.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't have invited her over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh for sure. I'll say hi when out and about but I feel bad for her still

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'd keep a distance. I'd be polite and kind, but keep her at arms length.
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:29 PM

this.thats very sad..she seems harmless..so just be nice..

Quoting Anonymous 3: Honestly it sounds like the fire that killed her family made her snap. The stories are her unconscious way of protecting herself from the guilt of killing her family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:30 PM
The fire had only killed her husband. The car crash killed her kids.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Honestly it sounds like the fire that killed her family made her snap. The stories are her unconscious way of protecting herself from the guilt of killing her family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:31 PM
She still killed her whole family though, I do plan to be nice and I feel badly for her but if she hadn't be reckless her family would still be alive.

Quoting quinnhenrysmom1:

this.thats very sad..she seems harmless..so just be nice..

merrysgirls
by Lame on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:35 PM
That's pretty sad. I'd still keep my distance though, she's obviously lost touch with reality. At least she keeps the cats on leashes. If she has like 10 of them it would be annoying if they wandered everywhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:35 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)