Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The ex is still considered part of the family

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 304 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've been married to my dh for not quite a year. He divorced his ex not quite 2 years ago. They have a son together who is 2. He and I are expecting our daughter in October. She will be my first child.

My MIL and SIL refuse to accept me into the family. They are still bitter that he divorced his ex and blame him for leaving her and his son. They include her and ss in every family gathering. My MIL still refers to her as her daughter. She is always dropping hints to my dh that his ex would gladly forgive him and take him back. When ever I am around, his family basically ignores me. They aren't happy about their granddaughter coming. When he told them I was pregnant they tried to make him feel guilty about how jealous and hurt ss would be to have to share him with a child that wasn't his "real" sibling.

Lately, we have made the decision to cut ties with his family until they can accept that his marriage to her is over and that I am not going anywhere. Unless they can treat me with respect and their granddaughter equally to his son we won't be speaking to them any more. Dh is sad because he used to be very close to his Mom and sister but he isn't willing to watch them disrespect his family any longer. Of course, they blame me for losing him and hate me even more. I really don't understand people sometimes. Who he chooses to be with is not up to them at all.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Did he cheat on his wife?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:53 PM
Was he married when y'all got together?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, we're you the other woman? Damn he pops one out with one woman and without skipping a beat does the same with another.
WillowRose24
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Skank

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM
My dad's family is like that. My mom is his first wife and they still don't accept his new wife, even though my parents have been divorced for over 20 years! He has no children with the new one, but his family still has nothing to do with my step siblings.

Personally, I think my stepmother is a gold digging cunt. But it's still strange that they call my mom daughter and she still calls my Nena mom
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM
11 moms liked this
Just because he divorced her, doesn't mean they did. But they should welcome you as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM
You really shouldn't be surprised.
Masterchefmom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM
How is she a skank?

Quoting WillowRose24:

Skank

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
No. He left her and filed for divorce when we met. He couldn't in good conscience stay married to her when he had feelings for me. We didn't date until he had moved out. I had no idea how he even felt about me. He didn't tell me until after they split.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Did he cheat on his wife?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:01 PM
He had filed for divorce before he even let me know he was interested in me.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Was he married when y'all got together?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)