Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I gave my dog to my neighbor (kinda long but not bad)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my dog is 12 yrs old.  My other dog passed away last year from cancer and since then he won't stay in the fence.  He started hanging out with a neighbor (that feeds and takes care of a stray cat in our yard).  Dh and I figured out a way to keep him in the fence b/c we didn't want him getting hit by a car or anything.

Neighbor lady came by crying and asking if we had kept our dog in the fence b/c they (neighbors) pissed us off.  I explained what happened and why I had secured the fence and they asked if they could have him.  I said no and explained that I'd had him since he was tiny and I loved him.

I talked to dh and realized that he would get more attention (we have 2 small kids, neighbors are retired with no kids) and be more social.  I decided to give him to my neighbors......He comes by twice a day with the neighbor to feed the cat and we pet him and talk to him.  They've even moved him inside!

I'm sad to give him away but also awesome to see him so happy!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cbk_mom3
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Well, it sounds like you did the best thing in the long run. I have so many different shelters and rescue groups on my FB, and it makes me physically ill to see a senior dog dumped in shelters. So, at least you made sure your senior dog has a good home.

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 6:58 PM
I'm glad your neighbours have the dog now :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:06 PM

I don't understand. You kept your dog outside?

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:28 PM

That was nice of you to do for them and for your dog

Thewife06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:31 PM
Awww, sounds like a good deal. Your dog is happy and you get to see him all the time. Does your neighbor happen to be older?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:07 PM

Yes, she and her dh are both 70+ and, before meeting my little old man, hated dogs.  When they saw that he was watching out for her stray cat, he won them over.

Quoting Thewife06: Awww, sounds like a good deal. Your dog is happy and you get to see him all the time. Does your neighbor happen to be older?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)