Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do antibiotics make you sick

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I've been on amoxicillin since early Tuesday morning. Well the last two days have been hellish.
My stomach hurts, nausea and super acidic feeling. In getting a lot of reflux too. I also have mild diarrhea(sorry tmi).
I hate this and am making an apt for my family doctor :(
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:13 PM
That antibotic can be tough on your stomach. You need to take it 30 minutes after eating a meal.
HAHuskey
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:15 PM
You're allergic to it. Call your doctor. I can't take Tetracycline. My daughter is currently having a reaction to double antibiotic ointment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:15 PM
I do, that's what my doctor recommended it's still terrible :(

Quoting Anonymous 2: That antibotic can be tough on your stomach. You need to take it 30 minutes after eating a meal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:16 PM
Yes. I cannot take adult strength antibiotics. Mine come from a compounding pharmacy that mixes their own so I can get the antibiotic at the strength I can handle.
jennyfrmthblock
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:16 PM
I always take probiotics with antibiotics. For lots of reasons but it also helps with digestion. It puts the good bacteria back in your body.
mona165
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:16 PM
Yes, it can also give you a thrush and/or yeast infections. My daughter got both with amoxicillin
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:16 PM
You need a probiotic. Anti biotics kill the good bacteria in your gut,too. Try eating some yogurt about 1/2 hour after you take the medicine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Antibiotics usually cause diarrhea
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Belgh, I'm prone to both anyway :(

Quoting mona165: Yes, it can also give you a thrush and/or yeast infections. My daughter got both with amoxicillin
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Nope.

I only take antibiotics if waiting or natural remedies do not work.

The only time I couldn't do the natural remedies is after my surgeries. They put you on antibiotics anyway. So I took probotics right away also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)