Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired of being poor.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I have to have a talk with DH about our current situation not working out. He works an independent trade and his income is VERY unpredictable. Very feast or famine, but the feast has not been good either. We just don't live in the area for it.

This was never the plan for him to be doing this full time. He was doing part time with his other job, the part time with going to school. School didn't work for him and he didn't go back to his main job after that.

I know he is stressed out but he makes just enough to keep thinking it will eventually work out. I'm stressed being the provider of everything, I pay every bill, which my paycheck JUST covers.

All I can think about is the amount he was making before and how that basically equates to "extra" dice I meet all the bills.

I wanted this so bad to work out for him but that has to be put aside right now. I won't let him keep us in a hole.
:(
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Is your income steady?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:00 PM
Good luck. I tried "talking" with mine about this very same thing. That was years ago, now I beg and scream and plead and cry and talk some more. I hope yours is more grown up than mine.
Amybelle
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:02 PM

doesn't sound like he has much drive or motivation

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:03 PM
Hope your luck is better than mine! I just realized the other day no matter wth we do we will always just be getting by...
Elyce225
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Fuck that!

He sounds selfish honestly. There is no way I could love like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:04 PM
Oh man. Good luck! Hope things get better
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:09 PM

What is the trade? Let me tell you the story of 2 tilelayers. They both worked for the same company..one of them wanted to start his own business-he asked the other one to join him. The second guy's wife was against it (she was a SAHM) The first guys wife was also a SAHM -but she told him to go for it-so he did.

20 years later the first guy is grossing almost a million a year.  The second guy  is still laying tile-working for a contractor-making about 50K a year-he gets another 20 K doing side jobs for his friend who owns his own company.

So some trades can be VERY good if you work at it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:10 PM
It took me 6 years to convince dh to get out of his independent trade job for the same reasons. We are finally getting some kind of financial stability and he finally has a stable income. Good luck mama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:18 PM
Yes it is, but the hours that I work means missing even one day makes a difference in pay. It's stressing me out know that I absolutely can not miss work

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Is your income steady?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM
Sucks that your dh is so lazy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)