Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you with more then 1 child

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:51 PM
  • 74 Replies
Do you feel like you have a favorite child? One that you feel a stronger connection with? Why or why not? Multiple women in my family have more than 1 child and they openly admit to having favorites. They admit it to others, not to their own children.
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjenkins8208
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:53 PM
No. I have a ds7 and a ds1. The baby needs me more right now and he's still just super adorable, but my oldest is so funny and kind. I love hanging out with him. I love them both and they each have their own personalities. I'm sure as they grow and go threw stages we will bind differently at different times.

My mom openly admits to my oldest sister being her fave until about 6 years ago.
TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:54 PM
Nope, I have four and love them all equally.
chickensmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:55 PM
No, I love them both. I can't imagine having a favorite.
o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I have different connections with all of my girls, but I don't have a favorite. Or I should say it switches frequently. Usually the one who isn't screaming.
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:55 PM
*than

I only have one so she's my favourite. I'm kinna scared to have another because I already have my favourite? Lol
OkieMommyOf6
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:55 PM
No I don't have a favorite. I do have favorite things I like to do with certain kids. But there is no favorite, even if 4 of my 6 kids are legally my step kids.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:56 PM

I love my children equally but differently, if that makes sense. They have their own unique personalities. They like to take turns being butt-heads so I often like one more than the other depending on their behavior and my mood but I always love them the same. 

tbulone
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:56 PM
I love both of my daughters equally as individuals. They are both at different stages in their lives one is 8 and one is 2 so to compare them would be cruel. I think parents can be closer with one child over another but to say they are the favorite is mean
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:56 PM

No, I love them all the same. My daughter is a daddy's girl and it makes me sad sometimes because I always wanted a really close mother/daughter relationship with her (I didn't have that with my own mom), but she'd rather be with her dad. My sons tend to be mama's boys (not in a gross way lol). My youngest is a toddler, so he tends to wear me out pretty fast and my older boy is quite a bit like me....we have the same sense of humor and interests. It's easier to be with the oldest boy just because we tend to "get" each other, but I definitely don't treat them any different or love one more than the others.

MilkLover0203
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:56 PM
Yeah, I have a stronger connection to my oldest. He was a good baby, and is a great child now. He's never really given me any problems, and he's hilarious on top of cuddly. One of my six year olds has behavioral issues, and it is a constant battle, and the other six year old was a nightmare from conception up until about two years ago. They're all great little dudes, but my 8 year old hands down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)