Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

will facebook delete a page?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Sd made two different facebook pages in the past at grandma's house, one where she claimed to go to a certain high school, but she's only in 6th grade this year (she does look older). I recently discovered them. Can they be deleted? Sd says she doesn't remember the passwords, which is probably true. I know almost nothing about facebook. I'm wondering how difficult it is to get them removed and whether they take a request to remove them seriously.

Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:58 PM
Bump
Lunarprancer
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:59 PM
Don't know. Bump.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:01 PM
Report them. They will delete them.
RavenRose2016
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
You can reset the password and then deactivate the account yourself. After it has been deactivated for a month they delete the account.
RavenRose2016
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:02 PM
You can reset the password and then deactivate the account yourself. After it has been deactivated for a month they delete the account.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:03 PM
Cool. I wasn't sure if they would ignore a request or not care enough to do anything or whatever. I kind of thought it would probably be a run around and I wouldn't get anywhere. Thank you.

Quoting Spam72: Report them. They will delete them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:05 PM
Oh, I didn't know that! Wonder if you have to have the email address to do that? She used grandma's email address.

I'll look into it. Thanks so much.

Quoting RavenRose2016: You can reset the password and then deactivate the account yourself. After it has been deactivated for a month they delete the account.
RavenRose2016
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:09 PM
Yes you have to. Click the forgot password link. Then type in the email she used to activate the account. They will send you a link to reset the password to that e-mail. Once that is done message me and i will walk you through the reset of the process to deactivate the account.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:12 PM
I can't do that if it's done through grandma's email account, since I don't have access to her account. Grandma is not going to be helpful or cooperative in this. But I really appreciate your helpfulness!

Quoting RavenRose2016: Yes you have to. Click the forgot password link. Then type in the email she used to activate the account. They will send you a link to reset the password to that e-mail. Once that is done message me and i will walk you through the reset of the process to deactivate the account.
bellawomen
by Summer on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Depends on the situation.  If she doesn't know the password or anything she can just request it through email.

Also she can get a code or password reset if 3 friends on the friend list agree to help.  That is what my ex did with his old account.  We were all given codes that he had to type in to verify we all knew him and he knew us.  He logged in and cancelled the account.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)