Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what point is "feeling bad" an alert in pregnancy?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:31 PM
  • 15 Replies
I'm 8 months pregnant officially. Technically I'm 32 weeks. I carry my baby girl low for whatever reason. For the past... I'm not sure, week? I've been getting tired very easily and feeling extremely uncomfortable. Today I have just felt downright completely like crap. I've been fatigued all day long and uncomfortable. I've been exhausted since 4 pm and my neck and back and head have been hurting.

So tell me, at what point is "feeling bad" an alert in your opinion?

*my main concern is ill be early*

I've been having Braxton hicks. They're not usually painful but when they are they are only like a stinging sensation that lasts a little bit and a crampy feeling while my stomach gets all hard. I've had them since I was 5 months along but they didn't start getting noticeable until I was 7 months along. They're mainly ridiculously uncomfortable because it feels like I have the baby pushing against my rib cage and I have to lay at a 150 degree angle.
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
To me not until you have a severe headache for a long period of time.
DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:34 PM
As long as she's still moving regularly I think it's all pretty normal.

My iorn was super low and I was very fatigued. And crummy feeling. So I started taking the prenatal withh extra iorn.

Ask you OB about it at your next appt.
hammack_linda
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:34 PM
I normally have migraines actually, so that wouldn't work for me. My thing is I don't usually just have pain all over, this is my second and I didn't have any problems like this with my first and she was also a girl.

Quoting Anonymous 1: To me not until you have a severe headache for a long period of time.
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Exhaustion often sets back in during the 3rd trimester. I carried my second son super low...it was a loooooong trimester.

If you start to experience contractions then contact your doctor.
CharmedP
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
That depends on every one and their unique situation. I'm six weeks pregnant with twins and ended up in the ER this past week with a critically low potassium, low blood pressure, high heart rate, and severe dehydration. I didn't even realize how bad I felt until I finally felt better.

If you think you're truly ill or something is wrong trust yourself and go in. You know your body best and in pregnancy, it's always better to be safe rather than sorry. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

For me, I would think I have cause for concern if I was feeling too bad to carry out my usual daily activities. I'm not usually a whiner or particularly prone to overreaction. If I'm feeling unwell enough to admit that I need to stay in bed, I probably am sick enough to require medical attention.

That system has never failed me before, while pregnant or otherwise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:38 PM

That just sounds like the end of pregnancy to me. Sorry, I felt like that at the end with all 3 of mine. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:39 PM
Sounds like you feel pregnant. Did you try taking a nap and drinking a bunch of water?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:41 PM
of you r feeling like something is off then follow ur instincts and see dr.
hammack_linda
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:41 PM
I've been having Braxton hicks. They're not usually painful but when they are they are only like a stinging sensation that lasts a little bit and a crampy feeling while my stomach gets all hard. I've had them since I was 5 months along but they didn't start getting noticeable until I was 7 months along. They're mainly ridiculously uncomfortable because it feels like I have the baby pushing against my rib cage and I have to lay at a 150 degree angle.

Quoting smorgan865: Exhaustion often sets back in during the 3rd trimester. I carried my second son super low...it was a loooooong trimester.

If you start to experience contractions then contact your doctor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)