Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone tell if you lie about cancelling Netflix?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

My former coworker was getting free Netflix from me. I let her for a time. I didn't realize it's been a year already! I only wanted to allow it for a time and I know it was wrong to do that's why I'm done doing that. I heard she's moving into her own place. So she should be able to afford $8 a month right? Today I changed my Netflix passwords. I didn't tell her. We don't talk. She's on my FB, was a witness at my court wedding and we don't even work together anymore. We haven't for over a year. I have no idea why I was allowing this. She doesn't talk to me or anything on FB. Anyway, I know she's going to message me on FB asking for the password. I'm going to lie and tell her I canned my Netflix, sorry

Can she tell that my Netflix account is still active? Why lie? Because it's easier than the truth.

ETA: I cancelled my membership. No need to lie now but it's still active until 8/21

ETA2: I changed my password on my Netflix, and restarted the account. Now all is well. I don't have to lie!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cueballsmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:34 PM
She won't be able to tell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:35 PM
Yes she can
Succubus1987
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Make sure you log yourself out of all devices in your account settings.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM
I don't think so. I had someone bogarting my Netflix. Idk who it was but it had to be a friend of one of my kids. So I had to reset our passwords too. We only have 3 devices on ours and every time we all wanted to watch, this person was on.
Mom2soon2be7
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Why was it wrong? It was a nice thing to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM
I am not sure. Bump
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM
I would think you would need to change the entire account so it doesn't say you have the wrong password but I've never used it so I'm just guessing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Yes she'll be able to tell, I would cancel and start with a new email. Bonus you'll get a month for free! 

nickyjsmomma219
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I would maybe change the email attached to it. That way you don't get locked out when she puts the wrong password
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:38 PM
Make sure you go into your settings and click on log out of all devices.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)