Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my AC still hasn't been replaced

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
This is ridiculous. I posted about 2 or 3 months ago about my AC going out. It needed to be replaced. So my landlord last month said she would have to wait until the end of the month to get all of the renters rent to replace it. About 2 weeks ago she asked about the rent I asked about the AC. She said she has it picked out but has to pay the rest of it off with our rent. I said when will it be installed. She said I can't get an install date until I make the last payment. I said I need your account number and I'll deposit the rent. That was 2 weeks ago. I haven't heard back yet about the AC. This is getting ridiculous now. We haven't had a decent AC all summer. Oh yeah we have a crappy window unit but that is it and doesn't do shit to cool the house.

I planned on being moved by now but I haven't found a place yet

My husband is fed up. He said if she hasn't replaced it by the time rent is due again he isn't paying her and I side with him this is getting fucking ridiculous. Our electric bill has sky rocket due to the stupid window unit that only cools the,living room. My dishwasher stop working she said she'll look at it when they get down this way and that was 2 weeks ago too whatever about the dishwasher but the AC shit is pissing me off now. It has been 3 fucking months ffs.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Racer15
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Fix it yourself and send her the bill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:38 PM
The whole unit needs to be replaced. $3000. For some stupid reason she was saying she want to put a $4000 unit in here. I don't know why but it is stupid. That is her talking out her ass.

Quoting Racer15: Fix it yourself and send her the bill.
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:39 PM
Do you live in a state where ac is required by law, or is it considered luxury? Most states show dishwasher as luxuries.

Look up your states tenants rights, if you withhold rent without proper steps you can be evicted. That will screw your ability to rent elsewhere. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Boo boo. Crybaby
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:42 PM
It is when the lease states here anyways it is the point that she promise to fix both and haven't. I pay rent for the use of both not rent for everything to break and her cheap ass to play for 6 vacation in 6 months but not her responsibility as a landlord

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Do you live in a state where ac is required by law, or is it considered luxury? Most states show dishwasher as luxuries.

Look up your states tenants rights, if you withhold rent without proper steps you can be evicted. That will screw your ability to rent elsewhere. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Fuck off troll

Quoting Anonymous 2: Boo boo. Crybaby
mona165
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM
I would have been moved if it wasn't fixed in two weeks at the most. By the time you move, the heat will go down... I can't stand the heat I hate it! And it gets 150 indoors with no AC here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:48 PM
This is getting ridiculous I am only here because I haven't found a place yet.

Quoting mona165: I would have been moved if it wasn't fixed in two weeks at the most. By the time you move, the heat will go down... I can't stand the heat I hate it! And it gets 150 indoors with no AC here.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Contact your City's housing authority and file a complaint.  I believe you can open an escrow account and put the rent there to be in compliance with the law while you're in dispute with your landlord.

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:52 PM

what she said right here!!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Contact your City's housing authority and file a complaint.  I believe you can open an escrow account and put the rent there to be in compliance with the law while you're in dispute with your landlord.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)