Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some input!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I need some ideas! I am taking our family to their grand mothers for dinner tomorrow. My mom is not too well and I don't want her to have to slave and cook for all of us. Any ideas about what I can take for dinner that is easy and wont break the bank? The kicker is my sister's family may come also and they cooked for us last time so its pretty much our turn. It would be for 5 adults and 4 kids who eat a ton! Give me your brilliant ideas about whay you would do. (:
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:51 PM
Spaghetti and meatballs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Bbq chicken, potato salad, corn and watermelon. 

HLouise
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:53 PM
I've found rice and potatoes are cheap and filling but very divers. My fave gathering meal is a potatoe chowder in the fall. In the hot months a salad bar! Get eggs and various toppings, 3 salad dressings. And set it out! I've made a salad bar for 25 people for only $40. Super affordable and super yummy!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I need some ideas! I am taking our family to their grand mothers for dinner tomorrow. My mom is not too well and I don't want her to have to slave and cook for all of us. Any ideas about what I can take for dinner that is easy and wont break the bank? The kicker is my sister's family may come also and they cooked for us last time so its pretty much our turn. It would be for 5 adults and 4 kids who eat a ton! Give me your brilliant ideas about whay you would do. (:
amalexia
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM

cheesy ham and potato casserole

spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread as some filler

stew or soup of any kind really, with bread

grilled or lemon chicken and rice with a vegetable

toad in the hole (its a british food that uses sausage, pretty good and filling, but not great when reheated)

fajitas, tacos, burritos, etc. cooked and shredded chicken or ground beef can stretch a lot that way

chili and beans with corn bread. can easily be vegetarian

chicken and dumpling casserole

cheese burgers or hot chicken sandwichs, or philly cheese steaks if the meat is not too expensive

pot pies

mac and cheese, or macoroni salad with something grilled

i may think of more things, but it kind of depends on if anyone is picky, or has a specific diet or allergy. and what your budget is,

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:12 PM
make a lasagna and cook it there. add a salad and garlic bread .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)