Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I scared him off... :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
A guy from work added me to fb and told me he liked me. We talked for a few hours and we have a lot in common. He came over to hang out the other day and when he got home we talked for a few hours. He said "I like you enough to call myself yours, if you want that". I said I'd like that.
The next day (yesterday) my ex messaged me on fb, he moved early on in my pregnancy (I'm 36 weeks now) and has made excuses about why he can't be here. I made a status on fb about how I won't allow anyone in mine or my kids lives that are only part time people. I meant their family (especially dads because my oldest kids dad is the same way)...
After I made that status we still talked for a bit. He asked what I was doing, I was looking through a box of baby girl clothes...and I told him I'll be having this baby any day now.
I talked to him a bit this morning, told him my oldest asked when he was coming back over and he said that's cool, it makes him feel good...I asked him at like 1 how his days goin, no answer. I asked him again a couple hours ago how his day was. No answer...
Did I scare him off? Should I ask him if I did anything wrong? Should I explain the status to him and let him know it wasn't toward him?
I'm so lost! I don't wanna seem clingy or needy at all, I just wanna know if he wants to continue this or not...
What would you do?!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:13 PM
Bump... help!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:14 PM
4 moms liked this
Don't contact him anymore. Let him come to you & if you scared him off by something like that then he is not worth your time. Also some friendly advice dont bring guys around your kids too soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Yo. You are fixing to have a baby from some one else- focus on that instead of a new relationship

Eta. Just re read and it looks like all kids have diff dads? Seriously... back away from the guys
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You are moving too fast.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:17 PM
This seems so junior high. You are about to have a baby. Perhaps focus on that.
tntmom1027
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:17 PM

This: Also want to stress about being careful who you allow around your kids. Make sure you give it enough time where you know the person well and that is is serious. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Don't contact him anymore. Let him come to you & if you scared him off by something like that then he is not worth your time. Also some friendly advice funny bring guys around your kids too soon.

madamluna213
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
This Exactly. Focus on parenting for a while you have no business starting a new relationship yet.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yo. You are fixing to have a baby from some one else- focus on that instead of a new relationship
princess_1983
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:17 PM
Let him make the next move. If he really likes you then he will. Try to be patient.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:18 PM
Because of both of our circumstances my house is the only place we have to hang out, and my kids are always here (except during the day but he's at work during the day)... he already knew them though, my ex had him watch them last year, long before I even met him.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Don't contact him anymore. Let him come to you & if you scared him off by something like that then he is not worth your time. Also some friendly advice dont bring guys around your kids too soon.

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:18 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 4: This seems so junior high. You are about to have a baby. Perhaps focus on that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)