Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need Honest opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HONEST ONES

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

We borrowed $1400 from my grandmother for the rest of the down payment on our house before someone else could steal it below us. Well... We agreed to $700/month.... Then my hubby got put on unpaid leave during a investigation at work (He works NYPD). Now I have to send my Gma only $150/month. Do you think she will hate me? I could cry right now. I myself dont make enough to pay her back any more then $150 this month and this is our first payment. Would you be pissed at your grandchild. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morgiefae
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
My family would understand complelty, tall to her let her know what is going on.
Amybelle
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:36 AM

I'd be monumentally disappointed

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:36 AM

no

angkorsaway
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd explain what happened and that you intend to pay back every cent with interest if necessary. No, I would not be pissed at my kid or grandkid I don't think. Just be clear this wrench in your plans wasn't something you knew about or wanted when you asked for the cash.

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:38 AM
If I were you, I would just explain what happened. As long as I knew what was going on I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:38 AM
Yes, I'd be upset but otherwise forgiving so long as I'm paid back. Have you told her about the situation yet? If not you need to sooner rather than later. Hope she is not depending on that money for anything.
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:41 AM

I would not. But I would expect my family to come to me and let me know what was going on, instead of just sending the check.

trulyblessed618
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:42 AM
No as long as I didn't need it....
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Wait -you needed $1400 to buy a HOUSE in NYC?  If $1400 was going to break you, maybe you should have put that on hold for awhile.

Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:43 AM

My family would understand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)