Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She showed up drunk at 12:40am.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

My mother. She is 40. I am 24. I am married with two kids and pregnant with #3. She went out last night and got drunk. Went to a concert with some friends and didnt want to drive all the way home. So she got some fast food and then came to my house. She fought with me and tried to sleep in my bed because she didnt want to sleep on the couch. She ended up getting in my daughters queen size bed with her and passing out until 10am.

She doesnt see a problem with this.

Today she took me and my younger daughter shopping and to dinner. She insisted my older (6yo) daughter ride in her car on the way back home from dinner. Well she decided to stop at Ross and didnt bring her back home until 9pm. An hour past her bed time and two hours after we left the dinner place. She bought both of the kids some really nice Steve Madden kids riding boots but still. Then when she brought her home, she started up the Kareoke machine (we live in apartments) and started yelling (yes yelling) at me when I unplugged the damn thing (that was blaring Lady Gaga).

I love my mother and she does help out a lot financially with getting things the kids need, which we appreciate but she acts like a TOTAL and complete jack ass. She has terrible manners (burping, farting, pooping in my bathroom with the door open!) and she broke my toilet twice today flooding my bathroom and leaving the mess for ME (8 mo pregnant) to clean. when I call her out on it she brings up "everything I do for you" and makes me feel guilty.

I dont know what to do. I dont want my kids learning from her behavior.

ETA:

She has never given me money. Nor have I ever taken money from her or asked for it. She gets the kids expensive gifts. New beds. School clothes. That sort of thing. She does it without my permission and gets the kids excited. Ive tried denying her gifts and she acts crazy. She is Bipolar and has a very child like mind. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

take back your house. she is a grown adult who needs to take responsiblity for her actions.

gabandsheasmom
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:46 AM
Wow sorry momma she sounds like a train wreck!
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:47 AM
Does she live with you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:49 AM
Stop your financial dependency on her.
If your on your third kid and accepting money help well you mus enjoy all the stings tha come with it.
RobJar
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:49 AM
She sounds bipolar, maybe she's going through a manic episode. Has she ever been diagnosed with bipolar?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:50 AM
She does obnoxious to say the least. Im sure you will get a ton of responses saying cut her out of your life. I see it differently. I think you need to talk to her about being more respectful at your house but you only get one mom in this life and sometimes you just have to accept family with all their faults. Especially since she helps you out financially
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Stop taking so much help from her and cut her off until she knows how to act.

Southernmom924
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:51 AM

But, you want her money. So either deal with her behavior or quit using her as an ATM. You can't have it both ways.

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Sounds like she needs to grow up, and you need to have a sit down with her about how her bad behavior is negatively affecting your children's lives.  Don't let her guilt you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:52 AM

She doesnt live here. She lives about an hour north of us and visits maybe twice a month or so when she knows we need something. :/

Quoting janedoe13:

take back your house. she is a grown adult who needs to take responsiblity for her actions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)