Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW. that was...unexpected

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
I never wanted children. I knew that from the time I was about 13. I met my first boyfriend at 17, we were together for three years. He was extremely abusive, sexually, physically, and verbally. I got pregnant three times with him. The first two he beat me into miscarrying. The third, he ended up dead before I found out. He drank, drove, and got too familiar with a tree. I am pro-choice, but don't believe in abortion for myself. I had twins, they're 8 now, a boy and a girl. I love them, but I do not want more children, ever. I've always been totally honest about that. However, being under 30 with only 2 kids, I can't get a tubal or a hysterectomy. My husband had a vasectomy right after we got married. He's adopted my kids and they're his. His mother has been asking us when we're going to have more kids. We've told her we won't be.

Today, I guess my husband just had enough of her questioning us. He told her never, he'd a vasectomy, and to please quit asking.

She freaked. I mean totally, certifiably, insane flipped out. She started screaming at me for making him do that, for keeping her from having grandchildren. My husband and I were both shocked, but he got it together first and told her to get lost, that she had two grandkids and she could either accept that, or she could stay lost.

That total overreaction was very unexpected to say the least. I'm kind of hoping that's the end of dealing with her though.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:03 AM

I got a tubal at 27 with only two kids. 

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:03 AM

Geez... Sorry to hear that.

Molz09
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Bravo to your husband!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:05 AM
How did you manage that? I've talked to three different doctors, they all say 3 biological kids, or 30.

Quoting B1Bomber:

I got a tubal at 27 with only two kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:05 AM
Yeah, he's an awesome guy :)

Quoting Molz09:

Bravo to your husband!!! 

Dannygirl25
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:07 AM
26 with two kids and a tubal
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:09 AM
Good for you. I've checked, it won't happen until I'm 30. I still plan to. But more to the point, it's really irrelevant to my post in general.

Quoting Dannygirl25: 26 with two kids and a tubal
morgiefae
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:10 AM
My MIL did something similar when dh got his vesectomy (she never believed him that he would get it done soon as he found a doc that would do it, he was 28 when he got it done.)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:11 AM
I've known 21 yo getting tubal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:11 AM
How did things go after that?
My husband is 34, so it wasn't a problem getting it done.

Quoting morgiefae: My MIL did something similar when dh got his vesectomy (she never believed him that he would get it done soon as he found a doc that would do it, he was 28 when he got it done.)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)