Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Do people Catorgorize Themselves?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:09 AM
  • 23 Replies
We all have the same "God." I just don't get it.
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:10 AM

because they dont believe you all have the same god?

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:12 AM
Elaborate? I don't understand your response.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

HarasLlih
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Because Man has this great desire to be better than other men, and then, therefore, if they have the "right" God they are better than you. I don't know, I'm a spiritual, not religious kind of gal. You treat me right, I treat you right. We get along.

GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:22 AM

You said why categorize since we all have the same god. They categorize and pick a religion because they don't all believe in the same god. They all believe each other's god is a lie and that they have picked the truth. They don't believe in the same god, the principals or practices.  The pick a category because those practices and words feel true to them and rational.  But everyone thinks different and so not one religion sounds rational to every single person.

Quoting Lunarprancer: Elaborate? I don't understand your response.
Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:32 AM
It's just so curious to me because in all the major religions the teachings are the same.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

You said why categorize since we all have the same god. They categorize and pick a religion because they don't all believe in the same god. They all believe each other's god is a lie and that they have picked the truth. They don't believe in the same god, the principals or practices.  The pick a category because those practices and words feel true to them and rational.  But everyone thinks different and so not one religion sounds rational to every single person.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

That's how humans process the world around them. By labeling people, places, and things.

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:36 AM
What are you categorizing? Religion? Gender? Superiority?
Could you be any more vague?
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:40 AM
Lol, well I referenced God, so, not so vague.

Quoting eyes4ears: What are you categorizing? Religion? Gender? Superiority?
Could you be any more vague?
GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:46 AM

I don't study religions but I have taken a couple classes in college and religious beliefs seem vastly different to me. Some have multiple gods, some believe in saints some do not. Some believe everyone good goes to heaven, some believe only predetermined people go to heaven. Holy lands and worshiping practices and prayers are different, etc..

Quoting Lunarprancer: It's just so curious to me because in all the major religions the teachings are the same.
Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

AuntFib
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:54 AM

When I was little, one of my first questions about other religions was, "How do you know that OUR religion is the RIGHT one? The other religions think they are right and that anyone who doesn't believe their way is wrong and going to hell. So, who's right?"  I was raised Catholic and had friends who were Baptist, Pentecostal, Lutheran, Methodist...  Each religion was different, and quick to judge the others.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)