Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's celebrating christmas early

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

My nephew is dying because he was diagnosed with DIPG, probably worst cancer a child could get. My brother and sister-in-law decided to celebrate Christmas next week for him because he's only getting worse and they told me that the doctor said he may not make it next month. He celebrated his 5th birthday at Disney World 2 weeks ago thanks to Make-A-Wish and we went as well. My 15 year old daughter knows what's wrong with her cousin, but it's hard to say to my 4 year old son that his cousin is dying. My husband's boss volunteered to dress up as Santa on his day off after he heard the story my husband told him. When I visit them I saw my sister-in-law hold his hand to write a Christmas list because he has no function of his hands anymore and they changed the calender to December 2015 even though it's actually September 2015. They don't celebrate Halloween due to their religion, they love Christmas and my nephew loves Santa Claus as well. It's hard on them because that's their only child and it's hard for the whole family who's going through this, they already have funeral arrangements and chosen an urn for their son because there's nothing else the doctors can do. My brother is a pastor and he already got the whole entire church praying for that little boy. I'm hugging my children as often as I can and thank God they're healthy, it's going to be really hard on them to say goodbye to their son. If a child don't have much time, would they celebrate a holiday or their birthday early? Also please hug your children a lot because they're going through a lot and they don't know when he's going to Heaven and what the doctor said it's really soon because he's only gotten worse.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
petitekatie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:12 AM
This is sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:12 AM

BUMP!

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:16 AM
So sorry. Thoughts and prayers your way.
Hugs to all.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:22 AM
I'm sorry. Hugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:24 AM

To long. Not reading.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:26 AM

I'm so sorry. This is so sad but I'm glad they're doing Christmas early for him. 

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:27 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that... I hope your nephew has a wonderful Christmas. 

AuntFib
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:37 AM

Hugs for a Merry Christmas for the little guy!  And hugs for the family that help him have one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)