Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's not my problem you can't pay for your kids!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
My sister and I are 10 months apart, I'm the younger one. You'd think we'd be alike, being raised together, or that we'd get along. We are nothing alike and don't get along at all. I have a masters degree in my field, while my sister is a high school drop out. I've never been on welfare a day in my life, while she's been on it since she was 18 and had her first kid with the first guy.
My children were all planned and wanted, and have the same father, my husband. She's got 7 children, only two share the same father and that's because they're twins.

Right now, she's broke. Totally, dead broke. No money for anything until next month. She called me today begging me to help her out. I said ok, went shopping, and dropped off a load of groceries for her. I'm not dumb enough to actually give her money. I bought bread, fruits and vegetables, pasta and sauce, a roast for make a pot roast, and ingredients for chili. That should be more than enough to see her kids are fed through the end of the month.

She got so mad at me when I carried that stuff in I almost just took it all back, but her kids need to eat. She called me selfish and mean and controlling, that I should just give her a few hundred and she could go shopping herself.

She calmed down, we put the groceries away, and she asked me what we were doing for my daughter's birthday next month. I told her we'd be going to Disney for the weekend. Cue the hysterics. I'm such a bad sister, such a bad aunt, I should know that she needs help and focus on giving her money instead of wasting money on my child. I just walked out and told her to get her freaking tubes tied, because her parting shot was that she's pregnant again and I should think about her new baby.

I have no idea why she's such a waste of space, but she's just a total loser and I am so tired of her.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:25 AM
I understand how hard it is, I've been in a similar situation with a friend. You want to slap them upside the head and tell them to fuck right off the face of the earth, but you don't want the kids to suffer. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you.
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Eight soon?
That girl needs to learn to clamp those legs shut and just say NO.
I'm glad you bought groceries, good aunt.
eadyT
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with eyesforears. Lol
Also you really are a great Aunt for making sure your nieces and nephews were fed.
GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:34 AM

You probably just need to walk away. Call CPS if she can';t feed the kids. By providing everything she fails to do her self you're just enabling her. The kids need a better, more stable guardian. She knows you'll rescue the kids so she knows she can do what she wants. She clearly feels entitled to your aid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:36 AM
Wow. Maybe it's time to lose her kids. She's complete trash.
kayceejane
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:39 AM

wow.

rachel216
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:48 AM
I agree with you maybe she should learn what birth control is. Yikes! She sounds like a nightmear ..glad you at least helped your nieces and nephews though. If she isn't a good mom I'd call cps. She sounds entitled and that you should accommodate her children as well as yours
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:51 AM
Tell her to fucking grow up. You don't owe her shit. That was nice of you to help. She's living her life in a disgusting way. Is She on drugs?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:52 AM
I can't even imagine shopping for anyone other than my own family. I hate it as it is. My sister struggles financially and I help her out a lot. I'd never insult her by deciding what her family eats, but my sister doesn't have the sense of entitlement like your sister does.
SmurfetteLives
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I honestly feel bad for those children. She doesn't sound like she is able to provide a stable environment.

I don't understand people like her...cycling through men as often as she does and having multiple children out of wedlock or meaningful relationship. Obviously something is wrong with her mentally to have such a low self esteem and make so many poor life choices.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)