Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fed up and leaving him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I'm eight months pregnant. I got a job three months ago because my fiancée suffered a work injury on a construction site, he was the income generator of the family at the moment...so someone needed to step up, and I love to work anyway. So...got the first job I could here in the place we live it is very small, not a lot of options. Minimum wage but I'm getting 82hrs on a biweekly paycheck. It gets us by for the moment.

He has been acting very weird since hes been laid off and I've been at work. Tonight was the final straw. I got paid on my paycard at 9PM. I was still at work but he knows when the money comes in on the card. Well I got home and decided to go to the grocery store for some basics. My card was declined at the register...so embarrassingly I left my food and walked out. Got to the ATM checked my balance I have .33¢ TO MY NAME.

I called the card company they said a withdrawal was made at 9:10PM for $600. That is my entire check. I asked my fiancée what he did with all our money and he said he needed it for "stuff." This is the second check in a row. Our electricity will be shut off, phone bill, cable (can live without) and car payment is due tomorrow...won't be able to make that....he can't show me the money or NY receipts of what hes done with it. I'm kicking him out in the morning. Just venting. Feel like my life is over. 7 years down the drain
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:47 AM
I've never been in this position. Now I've got two kids and one on the way. I don't know how I'm going to do it all. I have to take my maternity leave at some point and I'm having a c section.
ElenaC08
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:48 AM
Whoa what the hell is he doing? This is so wrong on so many levels. Sorry :/
Cassiemeru
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Why are you waiting until morning? Is his name on the account?
mommy211983
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:51 AM
Wow! I'd be livid.
ElvinCephalopod
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:51 AM

file a police report for his theft and throw his ass out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:51 AM
I can't get a word from him. He just keeps saying that he needed it , and went to the ATM at 9 when it was loaded again with my paycheck. But the representative for the card company said it was a direct withdrawal and deposit into a PayPal account. I think he is sending someone money. $600 is a lot of money to us right now. That's my livelihood.

Quoting ElenaC08: Whoa what the hell is he doing? This is so wrong on so many levels. Sorry :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Press charges
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:53 AM
I'm waiting because our children are sleeping and I don't want him to yell or be loud. He is not very loud often but I think me kicking him out of our home would really set him off. I called my father who said he can meet me here in the morning to help me.

Only my name is on the card. It is connected to my job which directly deposits the funds each payday.

Quoting Cassiemeru: Why are you waiting until morning? Is his name on the account?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:55 AM
Think that is what I'm going to have to do. My card company said if I file a formal police report they could look into helping me get back my money if we file a fraud complaint but that requires me to have a police report against him. I have no other option. I need that money, our kids need that money. Hes selfish and sick in the head to do this to me.

Quoting ElvinCephalopod:

file a police report for his theft and throw his ass out

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:56 AM
Make a police report. Press charges. Move out. Cut him off all accounts. Take him to court.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)