Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your jealous is showing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I think it's safe to say my relationship with my older sister is over. We were really close until I turned 17, got pregnant, and had an abortion. She was 26 at the time and trying to get pregnant. We really drifted apart after that. She said some truly vile, horrible things to me; she said she hoped the procedure would kill me. I didn't respond to her at the time, I understood what was driving her comments.

I'm 28 now with three children and another on the way. She's still trying, with no luck. I told our parents today that I'm pregnant. With my last pregnancy, I told my sister in private, she again reacted badly, so this time I thought screw it, she can find out however she finds out.

Our mother told her. What she didn't tell either my sister or me was that she'd invited us both over for dinner. She was hoping we'd reconcile.

It ended up with my sister throwing a gravy boat at me and screaming obscenities and a few anatomically impossible suggestions and me just walking away.

I probably should have ended things with her years ago, but I kept hoping we could work things out. She's just too bitter and jealous unfortunately.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:16 AM
This sounds like an extremely dysfunctional situation.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:19 AM
Awe. That's sad. For everyone
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow , maybe her womb is barren for a reason. She sounds psychotic. No child needs a psycho for a mother. I only hear about the mentally insane, infertile sisters on CM though. I'd sorta like to see one in person, it would be like some sort of wild safari experience, dangerous but intriguing. My life seriously lacks drama.

tnt-manda
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:20 AM
Jealousy is a b**** so sorry. What a shame...I also can't imagine on her end what it must feel like to want children and never be able to have them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:26 AM
I can't imagine either, but I also can't imagine hurting her the way she's hurt me, or tried to.

Quoting tnt-manda: Jealousy is a b**** so sorry. What a shame...I also can't imagine on her end what it must feel like to want children and never be able to have them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:26 AM
She is.

Our mom was just trying to help us patch things up, I know it hurts her that we aren't close any more.

Quoting KaylinC03: This sounds like an extremely dysfunctional situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't help but laugh at that!

One of my close friends is in a similar situation, though in her case, her sister is infertile and the friend isn't (that she knows of) but she refuses to have children.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Wow , maybe her womb is barren for a reason. She sounds psychotic. No child needs a psycho for a mother. I only hear about the mentally insane, infertile sisters on CM though. I'd sorta like to see one in person, it would be like some sort of wild safari experience, dangerous but intriguing. My life seriously lacks drama.

Radarma
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:31 AM

Gotta love moms.

Ok, moms...pinky swears?! We will never think we can control our grown offspring and sibling relationships. Who is in???

Oft times, siblings are actually the people we would NEVER be seen in public with, let alone feel close to.

tnt-manda
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:31 AM
I agree. Hugs to you, maybe just some distance for awhile is good, she obviously has issues she needs to work through on her own. I wouldn't be ugly or rude just keep my distance. Either she will come around or she won't. It's her call, if she does I'd make it clear you won't tolerate her behavior

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can't imagine either, but I also can't imagine hurting her the way she's hurt me, or tried to.

Quoting tnt-manda: Jealousy is a b**** so sorry. What a shame...I also can't imagine on her end what it must feel like to want children and never be able to have them.
Radarma
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:34 AM

She doesn't get that, and probably never will hon.

(give her two of yours for 6 months! lol with NO advice/directions )

Tough spot for you. I know.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can't imagine either, but I also can't imagine hurting her the way she's hurt me, or tried to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)