Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My five year old isn'tpotty trained!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
She is during the day, but night time not so much. Ugh need ideas on how to help her, what do you ladies think is good way to help her? Please help me help her.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:58 AM
Man I'm so embarrassed
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:00 AM
It is inconvenient I know, but you're going to have to do one of two things.

One is limit all drinks like 2-3 hours before bedtime.

Two is wake her up 1-2 times a night to use the bathroom. It will start to become habit after that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:03 AM
Gotcha you. Should we do pull ups or just let her go with out?

Quoting KaylinC03: It is inconvenient I know, but you're going to have to do one of two things.

Two is wake her up 1-2 times a night to use the bathroom. It will start to become habit after that.
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Pull ups are the WORST for potty training because they mimic actual diapers, which allow children to think it is okay to pee in them.

Never, ever use pull ups.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Gotcha you. Should we do pull ups or just let her go with out?

Quoting KaylinC03: It is inconvenient I know, but you're going to have to do one of two things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:07 AM
Okay. I see a ton of washing in my future.

Quoting KaylinC03: Pull ups are the WORST for potty training because they mimic actual diapers, which allow children to think it is okay to pee in them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Gotcha you. Should we do pull ups or just let her go with out?

Alyssasmommy412
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:07 AM

There are many children who aren't potty trained at night, they sleep deep and don't wake up. Talk to her pedatrician about it and make sure you have  a waterproof mattress protector on her bed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:08 AM
I wet the bed until I was like 10 :/

It was so freaking embarrassing and I hated it! As an adult, I've researched it and learned that chronic constipation can cause this. I was never aware of being constipated. I went. But the theory is, some kids aren't emptying completely. Try adding fiber or a gentle laxative. And wake her just before you go to bed to try to use the toilet again. I used to put my then-4-year-old on the toilet this way if he'd gone to bed super early or something. He basically went in his sleep.
my3girls201410
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:09 AM
Use the good nights. Last year my 4 year old wore them at night. I started limiting her drink in take. She nows wears panties to bed and has had 1 accident
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:09 AM
My son had a lot of success using the Goodnite brand. It is "actual underwear" but you buy disposable liners for it so if he does pee at night you just toss out the liner.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Okay. I see a ton of washing in my future.

Quoting KaylinC03: Pull ups are the WORST for potty training because they mimic actual diapers, which allow children to think it is okay to pee in them.

erin708
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:10 AM
My 9 yo dd still isn't dry at night. Don't beat yourself up about it. Some kids just take longer. My dd has been to the doctor and tested and there is nothing physically wrong. We have bedwetting on both sides of the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)