Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you allowed in?????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies
Are you allowed in your child's classroom to pick them up? My dd is 5 and parents are not allowed past the office not even if school is letting out to pick up the kids.

Yesterday i went to pick dd up from school(i called about 1/2 an hr before school let out) and told them to notify the teacher i'd be there at 2:30 to pick her up.

2:30 i get there and walk into the office to pick her up and the teacher had placed her on the bus anyway. I asked if the buses were still in the back (they are normally at the back of the school) and the secretary says no they pulled off.

Secretary then gets a call saying my 5 y/o wasn't on the bus from the driver because she didn't answer.

I get home(we were going to my grandma's to visit) and wait in the parking lot furious. The principal calls and asks if there is anyone else allowed to pick her up (by this point i'm getting really pissed at these dunce idiots) my response was no just the people on the list.

He says ok and says he'll call back.

Bus pulls in to my complex parking lot thankfully dd was on the bus. I went all the way there to pick my dd up and she was placed on the bus after i'd called before school was dismissed and told them I would be picking her up.

Monday due to their own errors she'd also missed the bus and they tried blaming dd.

Are you allowed past the school office to pick up your child?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this
We don't do it that way here. You go to the main office and tell the secretary you're picking up your kid. From there, their teacher sends the child down
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
No we aren't. It's a safety issue that I appreciate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand how going past the office to the class would've helped this situation out any. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:42 AM
No. We pick them up in the office. I'm cool with that.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:42 AM
No we have to wait in the office
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:43 AM
They told me to send a note but it seems like a phone call would be more effective since the child would be notified by the teacher that their parent is picking them up.

The school district here is something else.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine: We don't do it that way here. You go to the main office and tell the secretary you're picking up our kid. From there, their teacher sends the child down
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:43 AM

No.  You have to be a registered volunteer to go anywhere in the school.  During school hours, you have to go to the office and wait.  After school, you wait outside. 

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:44 AM
When school is on. We have to wait in the office. If school is out. Then we can go to the class room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:44 AM
I could have gotten my child instead of the teacher placing her on the bus and them thinking she was lost.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I don't understand how going past the office to the class would've helped this situation out any. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:44 AM
As a bus driver... next time write a note in the am and hand it to the driver! Then the driver can deal with the office and make sure she's a parent pick up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)