Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it.. S/O

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:05 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why is it that women in here cant discuss money issues if they are not poor?

Why cant women come in here and brag about something good that happened to them if they are in an income bracket higher then your own?

What offends you most about those type of posts? I have never read a single one that  ended well. By the second or third comment there is always some asshole that has to say something condensending.

Just curious why. The other day I wanted to come in here to talk about an issue and I actually held off because of this attitude. Then this morning I read the "I went from 600k to 200k" post and it didnt fail to disappoint. First page was full of people being jerks about her situation.

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:08 AM
I don't know, I posted on here that we went from 180,000 to 40,000 a year and I was torn apart. Thankfully dh has his old job back and we are doing great. But for a while we lost almost everything we owned, we can not make it on 40,000 a year.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:10 AM
I think because the majority of people on here do not make anywhere near $200-$600k so it's hard to imagine having to downsize to $200k. I live in an extremely expensive area so it's all relative...
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Im sorry that happened. I'm glad he has his job back. Im about to go through something similar. My husband has been offered an apprentiship for a job he doesnt currently do. His work is paying for his college and he is going to able to work over time weekends but it will be a huge pay cut for a year.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't know, I posted on here that we went from 180,000 to 40,000 a year and I was torn apart. Thankfully dh has his old job back and we are doing great. But for a while we lost almost everything we owned, we can not make it on 40,000 a year.

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:12 AM

You aren't allowed to show off any success on here.  You can't mention money in a negative way unless you are begging for it either.  How dare you have more than someone else, even if you earned it!

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

You must be new to this planet.

Missdameanor
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:13 AM
"By the second or third comment, there is always some asshole that has to say something condescending"
To be fair, this happens in 99.9 % of the posts in MC, regardless of the topic.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
It goes both ways on here. If dare admit you're financially well off you're either a liar or a braggart. If you admit you struggle financially you're a lazy leech.
It's CM.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Not new at all. :)

Quoting corticosteroid:

You must be new to this planet.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

LOl As usual you are right!

Quoting Missdameanor: "By the second or third comment, there is always some asshole that has to say something condescending" To be fair, this happens in 99.9 % of the posts in MC, regardless of the topic.

luckythreemom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:18 AM
I was wondering the same thing. It is still a huge pay cut.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)