Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Your kids in your bedroom unannounced? Do they just come in or do you require them to knock first? I always grew up that I didn't go in ny parent's room unless invited in. I would never just hang out in there or enter their room if they weren't home. Was this commonplace for you? Do you allow your kids to just come in whenever they feel like it?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beeky
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:09 AM
My kids always knock first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:10 AM
My door is always open so there is no need to knock. In the off chance it is closed then he knocks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:11 AM
My kids are 12,8,6 and a baby. They aren't ever home when I am not. If I am in my room, they come in freely. I don't really have any rules like that. If I am getting dressed or something, I lock the door.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:11 AM

I don't spend a lot of time awake in my bedroom, so there's no need for them to come in.  If the door is shut I'm probably changing, so they knock first.  We don't hang out in my room as a family.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:11 AM
It depends. If the door is shut, they knock. If it's open, they're free to come in. If I want them to leave, I tell them to.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeah. They are welcome anytime. We lock it if we don't wantto be walked in on but they're usually sleeping when that happens.
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:11 AM

My own kids were taught to knock and wait for an invitation. My ex let my stepkids come in whenever, and that included getting into my bed uninvited. I hated it, and yet another reason we divorced.

ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Yes, they are still small though.

MWright02
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:13 AM
My kids come in whenever they want unless the door is locked. Me and dh don't sleep together my kids have severe asthma and I want to be close in case they had an asthma attack in the middle of the night.

Also I want them beside me because the house could catch fire, someone could break in, it could flood or any number of horrible things I pray won't happen!
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM

They can come in whenever they want.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)