Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the hold up?? (child support)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I filed for child support on July 1st and they still haven't established anything. I gave them his name, DOB, SSN, address, employer and employer's address, provided birth cetificates for the children with him listed as the father... is it normal for it to take this long? I really need some help.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:31 AM
I don't know. It probably depends on the area. Here's a bump.
fairymaid23
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Have u called or went down there to speak to someone? If not then I recommend u do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:45 AM
I guess some areas are worse than others. It was hard enough filing in the first place. I kept being told "we don't help establish orders" whenever all of their literature said otherwise. I had to navigate their lousy websites and find the paperwork to print at home.

Quoting LilysMama719: I don't know. It probably depends on the area. Here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:46 AM
I called probably 2 or 3 weeks ago and was told I'd be contacted if they needed anything else.

Quoting fairymaid23: Have u called or went down there to speak to someone? If not then I recommend u do
okeydokie
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:47 AM
It took DH about a year and a half to establish CS from BM.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:48 AM
I think it took like 6 months or more before ours was straightened out...
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:48 AM
What state? If you are in a large County, that will probably make it worse.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I guess some areas are worse than others. It was hard enough filing in the first place. I kept being told "we don't help establish orders" whenever all of their literature said otherwise. I had to navigate their lousy websites and find the paperwork to print at home.

Quoting LilysMama719: I don't know. It probably depends on the area. Here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:49 AM
It took us well over a year. And we hired a lawyer
fairymaid23
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:50 AM
Since u have already called them then id go down there n let them know u really do need the help and just wanted to see how it was going.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I called probably 2 or 3 weeks ago and was told I'd be contacted if they needed anything else.

Quoting fairymaid23: Have u called or went down there to speak to someone? If not then I recommend u do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:08 PM
Did you go to court and establish and amount?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)