Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of awareness ribbons you have?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I'm wearing a necklace that has different ribbons. Teal is for ovarian cancer because my mom survived ovarian cancer and unfortunately my aunt didn't, gold is for childhood cancer because my best friend's 4 year old son passed away recently to DIPG and my 5 year old twin boys loved spending time with him and he's like another son to me, red is for heart disease because my 8 year old stepsister has congenital heart defect and may end up with a transplant eventually after she had numerous surgeries, pink is for breast cancer because my mom and grandma both had breast cancer and survied, gray is for brain cancer because I lost my dad to giloblastoma years ago before my mom got remarried and also wearing it like I'm wearing gold because my best friend's son's cancer was in brain and spinal cord known as DIPG and I mentioned he passed away recently, puzzle ribbon for autism because my 10 year old stepbrother has Asperger syndrome, rainbow ribbon for LGBT because my 17 year old brother came out gay and I have a gay uncle as well so love is equal. I'm trying to make room on my necklace for more ribbon charms without looking cluttered.

What ribbons do you have?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SlaJack
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:35 AM

None.

bcoll
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:37 AM
I don't have any.
jws120567
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM

The only necklace charm I have is Peach for Uterine Cancer, I had a hysterctomy in December, and they believe they got it all during surgery.  I have a purple magnet for Fibromyalgia, and I need to get a zebra one for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Molz09
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Mobile Photo

I have a thirty one bag with a teal ribbon and 'twitch & shout' on it. For my Tourette's :).

It makes people giggle and raises awareness.
Win/Win!

ETA- photo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)