Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever caught a STD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I just can't believe my s/o sister age 14 has gonorrhea. I had a long talk with her she's at the age were she tries anything for attention I just feel this isn't enough she still doesn't care. All she talks about is guys.

Have you ever caught a STD did it change things for you?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:31 PM

no i have never had a std.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Yes but I was a sexually abused child, it wasn't by choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:33 PM
1) slutshaming isn't the answer
2) it's treatable
3) sometimes it's the man you think loves you who gives it to you, and that can happen at any age
4) use this situation as a teaching opportunity
5)don't be an asshole about it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:34 PM

constantg
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Don't be an ass. At least it's curable and she can put it behind her.
FoxTroll
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:35 PM

I've never caught an STD, nor have I bestowed one upon another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:39 PM
She wears these big padded bras, short shorts, she needs my s/o to really talk to her I think since their parents went through divorce a few years ago. She lives with her dad now and he lets her do whatever. My MIL does anything to have her hangout with her because she hates her house. So she takes her to meet guys at the park, and gas even smoked with her. My s/o is the only other kid her older brother I've told him many times he needs to talk to her but he doesn't. He barely says three words when they see each other every other month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Yes my ex of 5 years cheated on me and gave me chlamydia. My husband gave me Herpes when we 1st met but of course I knew he had just broken up with a girl that cheated on him I didn't make him get tested and didn't ask him use protection so I don't blame him at all I was careless too 2.he didn't know he had it either he felt so awful having to tell me I know he was mortified we had just fell so much in love so fast he felt like he just hurt the person he waited his whole life for and was really worried he had just lost me .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:42 PM
Yes. My boyfriend cheated on me. We had a few times of accidents where we didn't use protection. Then I became pregnant. He began cheating a lot (I wasn't away of any of the cheating) I really thought he was faithful. I was 17, he was 23. I then lost the baby very late. We split up and I moved on. After I was married- and had two kids- and many years later I tested positive for HSV 2. It had laid dormant for years, I had my first outbreak and was terrified and hurried to the doctor it was terrible. That's how I found out. My husband was tested and tested negative. Despite all of the intercourse I never had an outbreak and he never got it. I was only ever with these two men. So I contacted the ex- before I could even say it he said he had to tell me something and that he was diagnosed and had been meaning to call me for two years.

I've only had 2 outbreaks since I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I take acyclovir if it happens. I have to use numbing lidocaine jelly because it's very painful and horrible to experience.

I've went on to have healthy babies by vaginal delivery by taking acyclovir the last 3 weeks of pregnancy just in case. If there's any any any sign of an outbreak close to delivery I would opt for a csection right away.

I'm not a horrible person. We are very happy, our life is wonderful. We don't talk about it. We are normal people. Looking at me you would never know.

I joined a support group online. It's amazing how many people have it and don't find out for years. It's amazing how many people have it period. It's nothing to joke about and it's not okay to shame people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:44 PM
No. I'm a virgin.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)