Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

three of the same gender

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I have three girls. They are 5,6, and a month old. Do I save the clothes or just toss them and start fresh with baby girl.

I cannot see myself holding on to clothes for FIVE years
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:01 PM
I would keep them but that's just me. I also have three.girls 6,1 and 7weeks.
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM
I keep everything personally. My sister is probably going to have more kids. Otherwise I would give them to a friend, since I'm done having babies.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:49 PM
Yep three girls almost 8, 5 & 1. I have kept some and given some away. I've kept it for 8 years but since she is our last, we are giving all but the sentimental ones and hospital outfits away.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:32 PM

I had two girls and then took a little break before getting pregnant again. We lived in a small place, and I just couldn't store everything (my first two were also born in opposite seasons so for the first year I had to buy mostly new stuff anyway).

I got rid of everything. I'm kind of a purger anyway.

Since then I've had two more kids. A boy, and then another girl.

Honestly, some days I remember CERTAIN outfits that I wish I'd kept, but in general, it has been SO MUCH EASIER to start fresh.

The thing is, clothes are really freaking cheap - and then, people are CONSTANTLY giving me stuff (because I'm like the last one left with a little one) - handmedowns and what not.

Plus, triple handmedowns? I dont' know. I just kind of thought it was cruel.

Now, my older girls are 6 and 8. The only things I'll save are classic pieces in REALLY good condition. Like, maybe jeans that didn't get worn much. Or raincoats (obviously) and rain boots. You know, that kind of stuff that really is only worn a few times.

I consign a lot of stuff that I bought for dirt cheap in the off season anyway, so right now, my clothing budget is very low.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:32 PM

I would only keep the clothing if it was in very good condition

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:33 PM

I only saved clothes from DS2 to 3. My DS1 is 10 yrs older..it made no sense. I didn't know when I was going to have his brothers so I didn't have anything saved.

sweet_misery
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:35 PM
3 girls. 9.8.5

I keep my absolute favorites for my youngest. If I had the room I'd keep all
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:37 PM
I do. My boys are 10 and 5. I have a big box in the younger ones closest and I keep the stuff in good shape.
Yesihave6kids19
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:38 PM
I did and saved sooo much money! My sons are 8,5,3, and 2! I got a surprise when I had to buy baby girl stuff for my last they are b/g twins!
MagicalMary
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:38 PM

But yet you have...... so just use the good stuff and also buy more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)