Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you buy from

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Would you buy antique or vintage items from an online shop called "The crap I find"?

My husband thinks it's a great name. I think it would deter a few people from buying.

What are your thoughts?

Just a little info, I shop thrift stores and yard sales and flea markets for good deals on vintage or antique items then resell them locally. I'm considering opening an online shop for smaller items and I'm stuck for a name. Any ideas would be appreciated as well. Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:08 PM
There's a shop by us called Maybee's: Maybe you'll find something, maybe you won't. I love clever names.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Its a crap name.

Your store could be "The Crap I'm Selling"

drowningmama
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:09 PM
There was a store around here that was called: Come see what we dont have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amber710
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:10 PM

I think that is a horrible name.

I would have to have already found an item (in an ad or search) that caught my eye. I wouldn't just check the place out because it sounds nice. Shops like that usually use words like "treasures I rescued" or "diamonds I mined". :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:11 PM
Back In Time Antiques

Once Upon a Time Antiques

A New View Antiques

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Meh. It's kinda clever. But it also kinda says "overpriced junk I could find myself for a lot less if I tried" to me.

I'm opposed to brick and mortar businesses with bad words in the name ever since my 4 year old asked me "what does bad ass coffee mean?" as we drove by their sign. But "crap" in an Internet name doesn't bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:17 PM
Also, who are your customers? I think that name would appeal more to younger people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)