Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't really like current events or celebrities

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:54 PM
  • 19 Replies
They're ok I guess, but never something I want to discuss or put up on my facebook. I see so much uproar over stuff. People are getting offended over this or that... Im just thinkng to myself that I don't know both sides of the story and im wary of how media makes things look. I guess I'm odd but im more concerned with my own life and the lives of those close to me. Is that odd?
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lowencope
by ❤️Lucy 💋 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh but to disclaim... I do like reading crazy posts on here! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:56 PM
No, that's how I am too. I end up ignoring half the stuff I see on Facebook. Don't get me wrong, I stay informed. I just don't need to read the same news story 50x day. One scan in the morning and one at night is enough for me.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:56 PM

I couldn't care less about celebrities (and I used to work with them... which may contribute to that).  They're just people.  

I couldn't care less about people's political shit either.  Believe whatever you want!  Be offended!  Or not!

My FB is pics of my life (well, mainly my puppy at this point, which I'm sure my friends are getting sick of, lol).  I really don't care about what anyone else does with theirs, celebs included.

Laura1427
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Is it odd? No. 

Personally, I think it is important to know what is happening in the world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:57 PM

i dont care much for them either, post stuff about video games or anime and i know all about it lol

yksmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:58 PM
Yes, it's odd. If your way of thinking was ok, they'd call it "Ignoring the Kardashians" or "19 Kids and Who Cares".

(I don't care either.;)
lowencope
by ❤️Lucy 💋 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:59 PM
You're probably right... But I just don't enjoy it or readily give my opinions like others do.

Quoting Laura1427:

Is it odd? No. 

Personally, I think it is important to know what is happening in the world.

lowencope
by ❤️Lucy 💋 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:59 PM
Trash tv is fun to watch don't get me wrong lol

Quoting yksmom: Yes, it's odd. If your way of thinking was ok, they'd call it "Ignoring the Kardashians" or "19 Kids and Who Cares".

(I don't care either.;)
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:01 PM

I'm a news junkie.  I listen to radio news and talk all night and read newspapers and other media sites online.

I feel oddly disconnected if I don't know what's going.

Celebs?  Some of their antics are amusing.

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:03 PM
I like both. But rarely engage in conversations about them... Other than as conversation starters, bullshit to break the ice kinda things.. , "did you hear...?"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)