Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you found out your best friends daughter was gay

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

would you give her a heads up?  Going through my own daughter's phone (there was reason to), and found texts between her and my best friend's daughter.  Friend's daughter was sad because she had just broken up with her girlfriend, and they were commiserating.  My friend is under the impression that her daughter isn't dating and isn't interested in dating.  I don't think my friend will react badly to hearing that her daughter is gay - her older son is as well, and she has handled it really nicely, and I think it might help for her to know so that she can open conversations with her that might allow her daughter to discuss this with her.  On the one hand, I don't want to out anyone who is not ready, but on the other, I want her to be aware, in case her daughter is struggling with it and needs an open ear from her mother.  One of the other reasons why I maybe wouldn't mention it is that my friend has cancer and has a lot to deal with as far as her health goes.  Would you be mad if your best friend knew this and didn't mention it?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:15 PM
No. Leave that to the daughter.
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:16 PM

It is no one's choice but the daughters, to tell her own mother.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:17 PM
I'd mind my business.
tabicatinthehat
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Straight up not my business. Why would you do that?

tabicatinthehat
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:18 PM

When you find out she's hurting someone or on drugs or something, then it might be helpful for you to bring it up.

MrsDukati
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:18 PM
Nope. Other people's kids aren't my bussiness, unless they're in danger.
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:19 PM
Let the daughter tell when she is ready.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:19 PM
My niece is gay. Everyone seems to realize it except my sister (her mother). It is not my place to say anything. My niece will talk to my sister when she is ready.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:20 PM
Is this for real??? I think it's her daughter's choice and right to tell your friend, when her dd is ready to come out to her. It's not your place or business to tell your friend (especially given the way you learned her daughter is gay) until your friend and her daughter have talked and choose to disclose it to you.
yksmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:21 PM
It's really not your place to tell.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)