Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish DH could cook.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I'm tired of throwing up while I cook meals, I haven't eaten in days because I can't stop throwing up and he can't cook.

Food of any kind is an issue. He is perfectly capable of cooking with guidance, he just won't touch the raw meat. Which is what is triggering my morning sickness.

All I'm asking is a little help for the next few weeks until I get the morning sickness under control.

Am I asking too much. I can handle everything but the cooking itself.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K123434
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

He really should be able to handle cooking for a few weeks- how did he survive before you got married? It's really not too much to ask. Tell him to put on rubber gloves and suck it up. If raw meat is the worst thing he has to deal with, he's gotten off lucky. Parenthood is much messier and grosser.

You can also be eating things that don't require cooking- especially not raw meat. Even a bowl of cold cereal or something similar is better than nothing.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:31 PM

I'm like that from beginning to end when I am pregnant, and nothing would have to trigger it. By the time I delivered I was down 20 pounds, but I hear you. I just did what had to be done and kept a puking vessel nearby.

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:32 PM
That sucks. Can he do take out?
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:33 PM
He should step up and help out. I don't understand leaving the wife with all the cooking. My DH and I trade off or do it together.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM
Hope everything gets better soon for you.
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM

There are plenty of meatless meals out there.

mischele
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:36 PM
That really sucks he can't cook for awhile. Dh does the cooking on Friday Saturday and Sunday's. I cook rest of the week
momngram
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Fast food.
TV dinners
Toast
Take out Pizza
Can soup
He can feed himself.  Just say NO i'm not cooking 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:43 PM

order out or freezer meals

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Order from Schwan's if he's going to be a jerk about it.  I mean, even the stupidest person can make grilled cheese and tomato soup (the easy options are endless.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)