Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my boss just gave me a promotion because hes in love with me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
He has never been inappropriate, never leered, never been personal or creepy.

I always considered him a gentleman with much respect for women.

I am happily married and so is he.

He just gave me a promotion that comes with a larger salary and i am thrilled.

I will be working in another department.

He said he will miss me, i earned it.
I told him maybe we can still have lunch from time to time, and he said no.

He was honest and rather matter of fact about it. He said he is in love with me or thinks he is and its not healthy. So after i transfer it would be best if we dont have lunch or anything else outside of work functions.

I am not hurt. Im shocked. I had no idea no vibe nothing
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KLynn122313
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:20 PM

And what does your husband say about all this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would i tell him?

Quoting KLynn122313:

And what does your husband say about all this?

donnag013
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:24 PM

It sounds like you earned the promotion. It's great that he was straightforward with you, and now you know how to avoid him when possible and not give out mixed signals (not that you were doing that before).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:25 PM
Yea I would just accept the promotion, move depts, and never tell a soul.
amber710
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:28 PM

I wouldn't tell anyone. I wouldn't want people to think that was why I was promoted. 

I think I would tell DH though. I mean, it isn't like you did anything wrong or like you will be continuing contact now that you know there are feelings. I just tell my DH everything.

Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Yup.  That's obviously not the only reason he gave you a promotion, though.  Give yourself some credit.

I will say that I think his words were a little off.  For some reason I think it would be better if he had said he had an unhealthy attraction to you, rather than that he loves you.  *shrug*

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yea I would just accept the promotion, move depts, and never tell a soul.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:49 PM
It was very odd he said "I am in love with you, or rather I think I am"

I just sat there jaw on ground.

All i said at the end was , well okay thank you again for the opportunity.

And walked out of his office.

I have two weeks left here while my replacement is trained.

Quoting Ultrakiwi:

Yup.  That's obviously not the only reason he gave you a promotion, though.  Give yourself some credit.

I will say that I think his words were a little off.  For some reason I think it would be better if he had said he had an unhealthy attraction to you, rather than that he loves you.  *shrug*

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yea I would just accept the promotion, move depts, and never tell a soul.

EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Wow.  What an insult.

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:56 PM

I don't think he is happily married if he has feelings for you. But good for both of you that you will be separated to avoid temptation.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: It was very odd he said "I am in love with you, or rather I think I am" I just sat there jaw on ground. All i said at the end was , well okay thank you again for the opportunity. And walked out of his office. I have two weeks left here while my replacement is trained.
Quoting Ultrakiwi:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:57 PM

Congratulations!

I have friends who were promoted for lots of different reasons... they have a personality that's easier to get along with.. they just happened to stay later and work a few extra hours each week.. they dress more appropriately for the job.. they are friends with the boss.. so many reasons people are promoted. It isn't always about qualifications.

But this can change your life for the better :)
ENJOY! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)