Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms! Share your stories.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Despite the negative stingma inflicted upon young moms. Id like to hear some success stories about your experience.
Do you have an education? Are you in process of getting the education? Do you work? How old were you when you had your child/red? How old are you now? Do people often judge you, or are they understanding of this situation?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:38 PM

I have a great work history and always have a job when I want one. I'm old. No one judges me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:39 PM
Bump!
Iluv2cook85
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 16 when I had my oldest (now 13). I brought him to school with mem he went to daycare I went to class. I got my CNA certificate when I was 18 and I've worked ever since. Finished high school and now I'm almost finished college (about a year left).

leximann
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:41 PM

I was 19 when I got pregnant.  I have a job and a college education.  I have always worked my Great Uncle (Grandpa's brother) was pretty judgy until my Uncle (my Father's brother) lit into him.  If looks could kill the one my Great Aunt gave my Great Uncle would have put him 6 ft under.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:44 PM
I had my oldest at 19 and my youngest at 27. I married my husband at 18 and I'm now 28. I'm a sahm but plan to start working soon to add to our savings and to get me out of the house for a bit. I was never judged.
mrsmom110
by NO on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:44 PM

I was 22 y/o when I had my 1st.  I was pregnant w/ my 2nd (1st born was 13 mos. old) when I started as a full time college student.  With the love & support of my family, I was able to get my BA degree.  It wasn't easy raising 2 little boys while going to school full time, but I made it.  :)

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:47 PM

It's not really a success story. I had my first at 18, I had already gotten my GED when I was 16, got married, had another baby. Enrolled in college, dropped out when 3rd baby was born early. Now I'm just waiting until they're a little older to finish. My dh is the successful one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:48 PM
I was 20 when I had my daughter during my jounior year of college. Graduated on time with my bachelors degree. I have always worked, sometimes two jobs at once. I was a single mother but fast forward 8 years and I am now married to a wonderful man who adopted my daughter. I have an amazing job designing historical exhibits at our state history museum. My husband works for the legislature and we are doing very for ourselves for being only 28. I never thought 8 years ago when I was pregnant I would be living the life I have now! Im very grateful for all the help from family I received and am very blessed with what we can provide our daughter!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:49 PM

No eduation. Shitty job. Trying to save up for school but it's so slow going.

I was 16 when I had mine. I am 22 now.

Everyone judges me. They should. I made a stupid mistake that ruined my life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:01 PM
I graduated at 17. Got married at 17. Got pregnant at 18. Had baby at 19. Left my abusive husband at 19. Had another baby at 22. Got married to his father at 23. Had another baby at 27. Sahm since my middle was born. Graduated college at 22. Never use it, since I'm a sahm. I'm 29 now and my husband is the best man I've ever met. He adopted my oldest last year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)