Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't stand SN moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm a SN mom and I can't stand other SN moms who think their child is so entitled. I get doing what's best for them but there's a point when they go overboard.

A local mom is complaining because her son is transported by a school van and where they live, the van takes the freeway to the child's school. She thinks the freeway is too dangerous and they should have to drive around taking a route twice as long (if not longer) to get her child to school because she thinks it's too dangerous. Many are telling her she should just drive her child then. She's wanting it to be a law they can't drive on the freeway *facepalm*

There's a point when you go too far. This is too far.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Wanting special treatment for your children and being entitled aren't traits unique to the mothers of sn kids.
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:35 PM

I bet tht van driver drives a whole lot safer than many others out there! If she thinks stop-and-go morning intown traffic is safer, she is nuts. Think about it. Rush hour wrecks you hear about on the interstate versus the city streets. Around here, always a wreck in town, but hardly ever on the expressways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:39 PM

I was just working with a mom was was trying to get her child transferred to another elementary school because she lived too close to the school to have transportation included in the IEP.

She didn't want to have to walk her child to school...she lived 1 house away.

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Why's she worried about the van going on the freeway?  Her SN kid isn't the one driving, is he?

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:43 PM

It'd be cheaper to send his aide over in the morning than transfer him to a whole other school.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I was just working with a mom was was trying to get her child transferred to another elementary school because she lived too close to the school to have transportation included in the IEP.

Bieg9093
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:44 PM
But the ones who get it right...boy, I just want to bake 'em a cake and squeeze the stuffing out of 'em.

Don't text and drive. 

That doesn't mean you can look at your phone at red lights or stop signs or if you think you can do it quickly or if traffic's slow.  Just don't.  You're an adult.  Exercise some impulse control.  Quit driving like a 4 year old. 

SamMom912
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this
This isnt an SN mom... This is a crazy mom!
Dont lump us SN moms with crazy moms... We have enough on our plate!

I know a NT (neuro typical) mom who didn't want her child to watch any form of TV or use electronics. In public school she threw a fit when her daughter was in a computer class.

Entitlement and crazy does not always go with SN moms!
Stephw1110
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:45 PM
I'm a SN parent too and I agree there are some out there that are just basically spastic nuts cases. I have one that insists that her child's tutor (child does not attend school, the school pays for a tutor, which in the case of this child I may agree it's best because of her medical needs) help her other children do their school work too. So the school pays for the tutor for like 3 hours 3 nights a week. The tutor actually helps the other two children with their work while giving the other child her education. I am floored that she got this in her daughter'so IEP. I also think this is a deteriment to the SN child's education. The tutor should be focused 100% on the SN child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:48 PM
I'm sick of the term *special needs* so annoying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Yeah, it was tough because mom is pretty low funcitoning and she didnt really understand that it would be very expensive to do that and she was hyperfocused on it as the only solution. She's all good now...that's why i was there...my program actually helps her with the baby but i knew she was going to have a tough time at this meeting to i offered to join her.

Quoting Rhodin:

It'd be cheaper to send his aide over in the morning than transfer him to a whole other school.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)