Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you able to vent to your dh?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
About anything like family, life?

I feel every time I do talk to dh he turns things around on me and make me feel worse! Like something is wrong with me. Like I'm this type of person. I try to keep most to myself as I can but sometimes I just want someone to talk to.

Like today I talked to him about my family, what I think, how I'm frustrated then he says they bring out the worst in you. You always look lost and bored. What?!? He says I need to get a life, get into something else other than kids and everyday life.
He then got in a bad mood. Well fuck now I know I can't tell him anything. He always has some shit to say about me. I feel worse now than I did before.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:45 PM
Yes, he's a good listener and doesn't put me down. Your hubby sounds like an asshole. Everyone needs to vent sometimes.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:46 PM
Yes. I did a lot of venting this week
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:46 PM
Does your family bring out the worst in you? Do you have any hobbies? Do you work or volunteer? Perhaps he wants you to focus on important things.
DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:47 PM

i can always talk to my  DF. he can tell when something is bothering me and he will ask me about it. i can tell him anything and he always talks to me about it and he always makes me feel better

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:47 PM
Of course.

Although I rarely have anything to bitch about.
SleepingBeautee
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:48 PM

ALWAYS!

I can always 100% confide and vent to him, and he in me.

That is what happens when you marry your best friend.

Sorry you are having a rough time.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:49 PM
Yes. We can vent to each other
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:49 PM
Yes, I sure can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Men are "fixers". You complained about how something/someone makes you feel, he told you how to avoid it. That wasn't what you wanted or needed, and his mood went sour because you didn't thank him for responding like a typical man.

My husband does the same thing, except in those instances that I open with, "I have to talk about this, I don't need a solution to it but I have to get it off my chest." And then he'll listen, ask what I need from him (usually a hug or an "I love you"), and then he'll ask if I'm ok and can he continue on with his day.

It was frustrating as hell, trying to figure that out, though.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:49 PM
Yes and no because he is familiar with my family and how they are and no because yeah sometimes he will turn around and blame me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)