Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amazon Prime users! Help!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:13 PM
  • 87 Replies
So we got Amazon Prime today, they had a deal of $67 a year instead of $99. I was looking forward to it, to watch some movies and series that I didn't get in Netflix or Hulu. I got in and everything I would like to watch I have to pay for it! Are there really that little free options or maybe I don't know how to look up stuff?
I'm beginning to think I just threw away $67, lol.
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fightlikegirl.2
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:15 PM
They use to have so many free things I watched and then it went to not much I liked for free, so now only the kids use it for the free kid shows
The.Good.Life
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this

For me and my family, Amazon Prime is worth what we pay ($99) for the shipping deals not video content.  We are prime subscribers for shipping deals first, and all other things second.

raschwittay
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:16 PM
You get only prime shows. You have to go in the prime part of it. Do you have a smart tv? Fire stick? Amazon box? It's a bummer but their are good prime shows.
jd83
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:16 PM
Amazon prime movies and tv suck. Those are the least of all reasons for a prime membership.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:18 PM

There should be the option to view prime movies and tv shows.  

angkorsaway
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:19 PM

It's worth it for the ordering. But we order a lot and paid the 100. The free selection is worse than Netflix in my opinion, by a lot. That said, Downton Abbey just came in finally for free. It sucks, I'm disppointed by the streaming selection for Prime. Hoping that picks up!

SadAquarius
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:19 PM
This. There are some free shows that I like to watch. Mozart in the jungle is a good show. They have justified seasons 1-5 for free. You just have to search.

Quoting The.Good.Life:

For me and my family, Amazon Prime is worth what we pay ($99) for the shipping deals not video content.  We are prime subscribers for shipping deals first, and all other things second.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:19 PM

You have to look for the "Prime" banner on the top left corner.  THAT content is free with your subscription.

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:20 PM
I like it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)