Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It took the cashier three minutes to give me my change.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

I handed him a twenty, the bill was $18.04. He entered the wrong amount on his register and it took him a full three minutes to figure my change. I let him figure it out, I wasn't giving him the answer. LMAO. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maebe435
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:37 PM
That is just sad
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:37 PM
Lol, that was mean of you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate when cashiers can't count back change! My manager was shocked that I knew how as a teenager. Yeah, I'm not dumb! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM
It took him that long to figure out $1.96?
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM
4 moms liked this
okay, it would have taken me a while too. I'm not that great with math. I also get flustered easily when things don't work and I have to figure something out quickly in front of someone.
DesertMoonLass
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM
I do the same thing. And when I get my change, I tell them to learn how to count change without the help of a computer, if they're going to cashier effectively.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM

In all honesty...I didn't do it to be mean. By the time I realized he was having a hard time, I felt like it had been to long and felt weird telling him. In hindsight I had to giggle a bit. It was awkward. 

Quoting Danesmommy1: Lol, that was mean of you.

DesertMoonLass
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:41 PM
It really isn't math, it is a matter knowing how to count. I suck at math, but I can count back a customer's change without the help of a computer.

Quoting Raeann11: okay, it would have taken me a while too. I'm not that great with math. I also get flustered easily when things don't work and I have to figure something out quickly in front of someone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Yes. It felt like three years. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: It took him that long to figure out $1.96?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:43 PM
100 pennies in a dollar. You used 4. 100-4=96 96 pennies put the total at 19 dollars. Add a dollar and you're at 20. It's counting not math really. Just count backwards

Quoting Raeann11: okay, it would have taken me a while too. I'm not that great with math. I also get flustered easily when things don't work and I have to figure something out quickly in front of someone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)