Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Imagine you're an employer re-interviewing a former employee

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
What could that former employee say to make you rehire him?

This person left professionally with a full 2 week notice and has good references amongst your same company
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:03 PM
What was their first reason for leaving?
Why are they coming back to the company?
How long do they plan on working for the company this time?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:03 PM
If they were a good employee and left on good terms, what's the problem? If I were that employee I would mention that no time would be needed training me as I already knew the systems and policies or something along that line
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Talk about the new skills you have acquired since you have left.  Talk about your dependability and basically the fact that you've learned first hand that the grass isn't greener on the other side and discuss the fact that being away from your previous company has made you realize how much you appreciate your previous job and how hard you will work if you are able to return. 

Talk about any positive aspects that you bring with you.  Talk about your dependability and that if they rehire you, they know what they are getting and that is worth something.  Plus, you already know how the company works and you will be easy to train/retrain. 

And by all means, do not badmouth the company you went to.  Say only positive things while insisting that it was best for you to part ways and return to a place where you fit in best and appreciate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:08 PM
You are the best. Thank you for all of this.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Talk about the new skills you have acquired since you have left.  Talk about your dependability and basically the fact that you've learned first hand that the grass isn't greener on the other side and discuss the fact that being away from your previous company has made you realize how much you appreciate your previous job and how hard you will work if you are able to return. 

Talk about any positive aspects that you bring with you.  Talk about your dependability and that if they rehire you, they know what they are getting and that is worth something.  Plus, you already know how the company works and you will be easy to train/retrain. 

And by all means, do not badmouth the company you went to.  Say only positive things while insisting that it was best for you to part ways and return to a place where you fit in best and appreciate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Thanks, you know nothings ever really a "sure" thing even when going back to an old job. I think my husband was worried

Quoting Anonymous 3: If they were a good employee and left on good terms, what's the problem? If I were that employee I would mention that no time would be needed training me as I already knew the systems and policies or something along that line
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:10 PM
They left for more money. Was a great employee otherwise. They learned their lesson and is never leaving again.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What was their first reason for leaving?
Why are they coming back to the company?
How long do they plan on working for the company this time?
firespurity
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:11 PM
Talk about your five year plan and where the company falls in that. Do you plan to stay the whole five years? What didn't work before that you've now corrected?

What skills have you gained? What do you think you're now offering, as opposed to what your offered before.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:13 PM

No problem.  I have hired literally thousands of people in the past, ran job fairs, and interviewed a bazillion poeple.  If you were a good employee, hard worker, and got along with others, you should have no problem if you are qualified for the position.

The only qualm about hiring you will be the fact that they will wonder how committed you are and will be in the future.  If you reiterate how much you came to appreciate your previous job after leaving, hopefully they will believe that you will be even more committed than you were before you left. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: You are the best. Thank you for all of this.
Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:15 PM
I appreciate that advice. I'll pass it on

Quoting Anonymous 4:

No problem.  I have hired literally thousands of people in the past, ran job fairs, and interviewed a bazillion poeple.  If you were a good employee, hard worker, and got along with others, you should have no problem if you are qualified for the position.

The only qualm about hiring you will be the fact that they will wonder how committed you are and will be in the future.  If you reiterate how much you came to appreciate your previous job after leaving, hopefully they will believe that you will be even more committed than you were before you left. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: You are the best. Thank you for all of this.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)