Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow, that was inappropriate to say to a working woman.

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:25 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am helping someone enter into a new contract at work that will make them more money, but he was unhappy with the requirements that are needed to move forward. He took his frutration out on me and started making comments that were totally inappropriate. He was loud and disruptive.  I couldn't believe it.

He started making comments like, "I am sure you have a nice husband to take care of you and pay for your family's insurance" and that the government probably pays for my insurance.  As someone that has overcome a lot of obstacles, went to college, has developed a career, is the sole income to my family, and does pay for our insurance, it was very demeaning.  I am still fuming about it. We typically get along and I really like him. I can't believe he said those things to me. 

He called me back and left a message on my phone apologizing saying that he has just has a really bad year. I know he has had a bad year. He has dealt with loss and financial struggles. Guess what, dude?  So have I and you are making jabs at me when I am trying to help you. Shit. Wtf?

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:27 PM
I hope you dressed his ass down while he was sitting in front of you.
theboyfactory
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:30 PM

I told him that he was making a lot of unfair assumptions, that I fully support my family, that I am the sole income, and I pay for the insurance for a family of 6 out of pocket.  I also told him he was being extremely inappropriate and that he needed to be compliant with the requests due to state regulations or we would not be able to move forward.

He got mad at me because I was smiling at him. That is my automatic reaction when people start acting crazy and erratic. He didn't like that.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I hope you dressed his ass down while he was sitting in front of you.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

At least he apologized...  That's a lot more than most people do.

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I really loathe when people take their bad day/month & year out on other people. Ugh.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Smiling = condescending to some... 

Quoting theboyfactory:

I told him that he was making a lot of unfair assumptions, that I fully support my family, that I am the sole income, and I pay for the insurance for a family of 6 out of pocket.  I also told him he was being extremely inappropriate and that he needed to be compliant with the requests due to state regulations or we would not be able to move forward.

He got mad at me because I was smiling at him. That is my automatic reaction when people start acting crazy and erratic. He didn't like that.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I hope you dressed his ass down while he was sitting in front of you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Your husband doesn't work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:33 PM

I would have told him to leave my office.

period.

Bieg9093
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
It's always awkward when a grown man needs a time out.

Don't text and drive. 

That doesn't mean you can look at your phone at red lights or stop signs or if you think you can do it quickly or if traffic's slow.  Just don't.  You're an adult.  Exercise some impulse control.  Quit driving like a 4 year old. 

wamom223
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:33 PM

What an ass hat! Even if you were a sahm it was an asshole thing to say.  I'm glad he apologized though because most wouldn't.  

So weird that you would go on that asshole rant to the person helping you though, totally weird.  

theboyfactory
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

That's okay. He was being 100 times more condescending than I could ever be.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Smiling = condescending to some... 

Quoting theboyfactory:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)