Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know if I can do this for another two years still

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I just started school end of aug... I work sat, sun, and after school monday...Monday happens to be a "full day" even though I'm part time... I go to school mon-friday. And then work from home after the kids go to bed when I'm not tired and no homework... (I set my own schdule with the second job) I come home and am expect to clean up and cook after my kids (which fine, they are toddlers, they "help" sometimes) but dh has been really sick lately, I've been looking for a sitter or spots in a daycare... but he insists he's fine. And I'm having no luck finding openings or people willing to do it for $40 a day 5 times a week,8-9 hrs a day .. but nothing gets done cleaning wise. Both our parents help when they can. Which is usually just weekends and monday... but still... I stretched to my limits. Quiting school is not an option. As its been paid for by studio loans already. And I'll be charged out the Ying yang if I drop out now. There is no time offs either... ugh he knows this is how I feel. But I am feeling like death lately.. well here I go to clean the kitchen do laundry and prep all this week's meals! Ugh
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jabojoe
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been back in school for the last two semesters, single mom, two teens, one of which is sn, and a full time job. I'm gonna pass onto you the best advice I've ever gotten. Learn to let things around the house go. Eat sandwiches for dinner, use paper plates, leave the mopping and dusting be. It'll be difficult at first, especially when you're used to having a spotless house. But you'll burn yourself out real quick if you try to do everything.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Instead of putting the kids in daycare, spend the money on a housekeeper.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:37 PM
I'm in low income housing, so am afraid I will get evicted if I let the place go... its in our lease to keep it clean and we'll maintained at all times...

Quoting Jabojoe: I've been back in school for the last two semesters, single mom, two teens, one of which is sn, and a full time job. I'm gonna pass onto you the best advice I've ever gotten. Learn to let things around the house go. Eat sandwiches for dinner, use paper plates, leave the mopping and dusting be. It'll be difficult at first, especially when you're used to having a spotless house. But you'll burn yourself out real quick if you try to do everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:38 PM
They charge $20 hr but will only work 3 hrs minimum... and they don't do dishes or laundry. Which is the most of the work around here...

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:39 PM
I'll see if I can pick up paper plates and cutlery and maybe paper cups too... ugh that's going to cost a fortune
thurman.06
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Hang in there. Believe me I know how hard it is sometimes it's day by day. Sometimes it's hour by hour. Just keep moving forward. In g he end it's worth it. Just stop once in a while and breath.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:47 PM
Thank you ladies!
hobobaby
by 🌺NonnieTumTum🌺 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Take each day as it comes. Don't overwhelm yourself with "2 years of this!" You can't do all 2 years right now so don't think about it. Just prepare for the immediate future, then each day you get out of bed tell yourself all you need to do is get through today! Then deal with tomorrow, tomorrow!

Someone once asked me "how do you eat an elephant?" I was so confused. I was thinking why would I eat an elephant? The answer is one bite at a time. Meaning, take things bit by bit, in chunks you can handle. Then on to the next!

You can do this and it will be worth it! You might also ask around for teenagers to help out with the kids for a few hours s day or a week just to give you a break.

Also, remember to take care of yourself! Treat yourself every now and then. Get a massage, get your nails done, etc. you deserve it!!
Jabojoe
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:52 PM
I hear ya. I'm not saying let the trash overflow and moldy food sit out. You have to prioritize the best you can. Obviously, you and your family will need to have clean clothes/dishes and such. Things that can be let go should. We often live out of the clothes basket because I'm just too tired after work, school, and homework to put away clothes. Dishes sit in the drain, the kids eat salad, canned soup, cereal, or sandwiches for dinner, Its very difficult, I know. And I forgot to tell you that you rock! You are doing something amazing and setting such a great example for your children on the value of education and making your lives better. Keep going!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm in low income housing, so am afraid I will get evicted if I let the place go... its in our lease to keep it clean and we'll maintained at all times...

Quoting Jabojoe: I've been back in school for the last two semesters, single mom, two teens, one of which is sn, and a full time job. I'm gonna pass onto you the best advice I've ever gotten. Learn to let things around the house go. Eat sandwiches for dinner, use paper plates, leave the mopping and dusting be. It'll be difficult at first, especially when you're used to having a spotless house. But you'll burn yourself out real quick if you try to do everything.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:58 PM

Who is 'they'?  Where I live there are probably 100 women who clean houses for a variety of prices and different ones are willing to do different things.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They charge $20 hr but will only work 3 hrs minimum... and they don't do dishes or laundry. Which is the most of the work around here...
Quoting Bluerose1482:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)