Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would child support go up for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I'm suing my exh for not paying his share of the marital debt from the divorce. To "punish" me, he has decided he's no longer going to see the kids and said he'll sign off of not getting visitation anymore. He currently has them one evening a week ams eowe. If we adjust the custody agreemwmt, we he have to pay more since he doesn't have them at all now?

I'm only asking because I think it'll make him actually see his kids. It's hurting them that he doesn't want to see them. I really don't need or want more money. I just want him to man up and be a father.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rachel216
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:15 PM
Yes it would go up...they give you credit for visitation and keeping them overnight
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:17 PM
Probably not. Child support is mostly based off that sort of schedule. Why would you force someone to see their kids? That will hurt the children more.
LeilaBeansMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:17 PM
While I think what he's doing is vile and disgusting, do you REALLY want to force your kids to go with someone who doesn't want them? Is he going to care for them properly or take his childish anger out on them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:18 PM

If he's willing to accept no more visitation because of money, he's never going to man up. Sorry, but he's just a loser. The faster you and his children accpet this, the quicker you can get on the road to recovery from the damage rejection by a parent causes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:19 PM
It depends on your state, but most states no.
Perstephane92
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:22 PM
I'm sorry, but if that's how he feels, he shouldn't be in their lives. They need people who put them first.
TheRaz
by Liz on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:25 PM
However awful it is right now for the kids, think about the next time he disagrees, or when he finds a gf who hates kids... Or a gf who wants to play mommy, then they break up and he ditches the kids again....

Maybe it would be better to just let him screw this shut up now, keep records, and prevent him from causing damage later???
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)